- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
Kellyanne Conway threatens to perform abortion with a gun in resurfaced video from 2007
As campaign manager and later counselor to President Donald Trump, Kellyanne Conway is no stranger to sparking headlines with her many televised appearances. But her latest quote dominating newsfeeds is more than a decade old. A recently recirculating video from 2007 shows her threatening to use a firearm to perform an abortion, the Huffington Post reports.
The C-SPAN clip resurfaced on Mediaite during a week when the pro-life advocate and top White House aide has been particularly outspoken on the subject. During a Monday evening appearance on Fox, Conway questioned why abortion rights are referred to as “women’s issues” and falsely claimed Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s support of a late-term abortion bill was condoning infanticide in the midst of his racist yearbook photo scandal.
The video clips a portion of her 2007 speech to the College Republican National Committee where she lambasts feminists and gender studies scholars as dissimilar to “normal women.”
“I always love to say to those gender studies people: If you say ‘abortion,’ or ‘stem cells’ or ‘guns’ one more time, I’m going to perform one of those on you,” Conway says in the video. “Because, you know with a gun, because you, by implication, are suggesting that women can’t do the math.”
— Tommy MMXIXtopher (@tommyxtopher) December 27, 2018
Whether a serious threat or a bit of dark humor, the sentiment of Conway’s statement is particularly gruesome. That fact wasn’t lost on Twitter when the video also floated around social media in December.
— 4 A BETTER AUSTRALIA (@AntiAbbottAust) December 28, 2018
— Jim (@CommentOnTWLB) December 28, 2018
Can't make up my mind whether 'crazy' or 'evil' is the word I'm looking for… how about both?! 🙈
— McShayne (@good_grief_101) December 27, 2018
Is that a fact or an alternative fact?
— Paul McGurk (@paulmcgurkmusic) December 28, 2018
— Linda2375 (@LMiami517) December 28, 2018
- The men behind the failed Mueller smear jump into Virginia’s Lt. Gov. scandal
- Bernie Sanders is giving his own rebuttal to Trump’s State of the Union
- Conservative firebrand demands to know if Democrats are the party of Satan
Alyse Stanley is a video game and culture reporter based in Virginia with words at Polygon and USGamer. When she’s not writing about memes, she edits Unwinnable’s monthly magazine. You can follow her on Twitter @pithyalyse.