- Student allegedly posted roommate’s ‘missing’ flyer on Instagram before being charged with her murder Monday 11:45 PM
- Reddit AITA: Man verbally abused partner through cat impersonations Monday 7:18 PM
- Facebook finally lets you kill distracting navigation bar notifications Monday 6:14 PM
- Artist says Thinx underwear campaign ripped off their memes (updated) Monday 5:48 PM
- Google reportedly gathering millions of Americans’ personal health records Monday 5:00 PM
- Trina goes off on Walmart shopper who allegedly called her the ‘N-word’ Monday 4:14 PM
- Bored of Helvetica? iOS users finally have some new font options Monday 4:00 PM
- Amid panic, YouTube says new terms of service won’t impact creators Monday 3:56 PM
- Opposing sides fight to control online narrative over Bolivian ‘coup’ Monday 3:50 PM
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle Monday 3:35 PM
- Instagram covers video costs for celebs who don’t get political Monday 3:30 PM
- T.I.’s daughter apparently unfollowed her dad on Instagram after hymen comment Monday 3:26 PM
- Meet ByteDance, the Chinese tech company behind TikTok Monday 3:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about investing app Robinhood Monday 2:44 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Seahawks on Monday Night Football Monday 1:43 PM
As campaign manager and later counselor to President Donald Trump, Kellyanne Conway is no stranger to sparking headlines with her many televised appearances. But her latest quote dominating newsfeeds is more than a decade old. A recently recirculating video from 2007 shows her threatening to use a firearm to perform an abortion, the Huffington Post reports.
The C-SPAN clip resurfaced on Mediaite during a week when the pro-life advocate and top White House aide has been particularly outspoken on the subject. During a Monday evening appearance on Fox, Conway questioned why abortion rights are referred to as “women’s issues” and falsely claimed Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s support of a late-term abortion bill was condoning infanticide in the midst of his racist yearbook photo scandal.
The video clips a portion of her 2007 speech to the College Republican National Committee where she lambasts feminists and gender studies scholars as dissimilar to “normal women.”
“I always love to say to those gender studies people: If you say ‘abortion,’ or ‘stem cells’ or ‘guns’ one more time, I’m going to perform one of those on you,” Conway says in the video. “Because, you know with a gun, because you, by implication, are suggesting that women can’t do the math.”
Whether a serious threat or a bit of dark humor, the sentiment of Conway’s statement is particularly gruesome. That fact wasn’t lost on Twitter when the video also floated around social media in December.
Can't make up my mind whether 'crazy' or 'evil' is the word I'm looking for... how about both?! 🙈— McShayne (@good_grief_101) December 27, 2018
Is that a fact or an alternative fact?— Paul McGurk (@paulmcgurkmusic) December 28, 2018
- The men behind the failed Mueller smear jump into Virginia’s Lt. Gov. scandal
- Bernie Sanders is giving his own rebuttal to Trump’s State of the Union
- Conservative firebrand demands to know if Democrats are the party of Satan
Alyse Stanley is a video game and culture reporter based in Virginia with words at Polygon and USGamer. When she’s not writing about memes, she edits Unwinnable’s monthly magazine. You can follow her on Twitter @pithyalyse.