- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes 2 Months Ago
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Today 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Today 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Today 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Today 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Today 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Today 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
Kellyanne Conway threatens to perform abortion with a gun in resurfaced video from 2007
As campaign manager and later counselor to President Donald Trump, Kellyanne Conway is no stranger to sparking headlines with her many televised appearances. But her latest quote dominating newsfeeds is more than a decade old. A recently recirculating video from 2007 shows her threatening to use a firearm to perform an abortion, the Huffington Post reports.
The C-SPAN clip resurfaced on Mediaite during a week when the pro-life advocate and top White House aide has been particularly outspoken on the subject. During a Monday evening appearance on Fox, Conway questioned why abortion rights are referred to as “women’s issues” and falsely claimed Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s support of a late-term abortion bill was condoning infanticide in the midst of his racist yearbook photo scandal.
The video clips a portion of her 2007 speech to the College Republican National Committee where she lambasts feminists and gender studies scholars as dissimilar to “normal women.”
“I always love to say to those gender studies people: If you say ‘abortion,’ or ‘stem cells’ or ‘guns’ one more time, I’m going to perform one of those on you,” Conway says in the video. “Because, you know with a gun, because you, by implication, are suggesting that women can’t do the math.”
— Tommy MMXIXtopher (@tommyxtopher) December 27, 2018
Whether a serious threat or a bit of dark humor, the sentiment of Conway’s statement is particularly gruesome. That fact wasn’t lost on Twitter when the video also floated around social media in December.
— 4 A BETTER AUSTRALIA (@AntiAbbottAust) December 28, 2018
— Jim (@CommentOnTWLB) December 28, 2018
Can't make up my mind whether 'crazy' or 'evil' is the word I'm looking for… how about both?! 🙈
— McShayne (@good_grief_101) December 27, 2018
Is that a fact or an alternative fact?
— Paul McGurk (@paulmcgurkmusic) December 28, 2018
— Linda2375 (@LMiami517) December 28, 2018
- The men behind the failed Mueller smear jump into Virginia’s Lt. Gov. scandal
- Bernie Sanders is giving his own rebuttal to Trump’s State of the Union
- Conservative firebrand demands to know if Democrats are the party of Satan
Alyse Stanley is a video game and culture reporter based in Virginia with words at Polygon and USGamer. When she’s not writing about memes, she edits Unwinnable’s monthly magazine. You can follow her on Twitter @pithyalyse.