- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Today 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Today 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Today 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
As campaign manager and later counselor to President Donald Trump, Kellyanne Conway is no stranger to sparking headlines with her many televised appearances. But her latest quote dominating newsfeeds is more than a decade old. A recently recirculating video from 2007 shows her threatening to use a firearm to perform an abortion, the Huffington Post reports.
The C-SPAN clip resurfaced on Mediaite during a week when the pro-life advocate and top White House aide has been particularly outspoken on the subject. During a Monday evening appearance on Fox, Conway questioned why abortion rights are referred to as “women’s issues” and falsely claimed Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s support of a late-term abortion bill was condoning infanticide in the midst of his racist yearbook photo scandal.
The video clips a portion of her 2007 speech to the College Republican National Committee where she lambasts feminists and gender studies scholars as dissimilar to “normal women.”
“I always love to say to those gender studies people: If you say ‘abortion,’ or ‘stem cells’ or ‘guns’ one more time, I’m going to perform one of those on you,” Conway says in the video. “Because, you know with a gun, because you, by implication, are suggesting that women can’t do the math.”
Whether a serious threat or a bit of dark humor, the sentiment of Conway’s statement is particularly gruesome. That fact wasn’t lost on Twitter when the video also floated around social media in December.
Can't make up my mind whether 'crazy' or 'evil' is the word I'm looking for... how about both?! 🙈— McShayne (@good_grief_101) December 27, 2018
Is that a fact or an alternative fact?— Paul McGurk (@paulmcgurkmusic) December 28, 2018
- The men behind the failed Mueller smear jump into Virginia’s Lt. Gov. scandal
- Bernie Sanders is giving his own rebuttal to Trump’s State of the Union
- Conservative firebrand demands to know if Democrats are the party of Satan
Alyse Stanley is a video game and culture reporter based in Virginia with words at Polygon and USGamer. When she’s not writing about memes, she edits Unwinnable’s monthly magazine. You can follow her on Twitter @pithyalyse.