- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Thursday 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Thursday 9:53 AM
Kellyanne Conway threatens to perform abortion with a gun in resurfaced video from 2007
As campaign manager and later counselor to President Donald Trump, Kellyanne Conway is no stranger to sparking headlines with her many televised appearances. But her latest quote dominating newsfeeds is more than a decade old. A recently recirculating video from 2007 shows her threatening to use a firearm to perform an abortion, the Huffington Post reports.
The C-SPAN clip resurfaced on Mediaite during a week when the pro-life advocate and top White House aide has been particularly outspoken on the subject. During a Monday evening appearance on Fox, Conway questioned why abortion rights are referred to as “women’s issues” and falsely claimed Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s support of a late-term abortion bill was condoning infanticide in the midst of his racist yearbook photo scandal.
The video clips a portion of her 2007 speech to the College Republican National Committee where she lambasts feminists and gender studies scholars as dissimilar to “normal women.”
“I always love to say to those gender studies people: If you say ‘abortion,’ or ‘stem cells’ or ‘guns’ one more time, I’m going to perform one of those on you,” Conway says in the video. “Because, you know with a gun, because you, by implication, are suggesting that women can’t do the math.”
Whether a serious threat or a bit of dark humor, the sentiment of Conway’s statement is particularly gruesome. That fact wasn’t lost on Twitter when the video also floated around social media in December.
Can't make up my mind whether 'crazy' or 'evil' is the word I'm looking for... how about both?! 🙈— McShayne (@good_grief_101) December 27, 2018
Is that a fact or an alternative fact?— Paul McGurk (@paulmcgurkmusic) December 28, 2018
- The men behind the failed Mueller smear jump into Virginia’s Lt. Gov. scandal
- Bernie Sanders is giving his own rebuttal to Trump’s State of the Union
- Conservative firebrand demands to know if Democrats are the party of Satan
Alyse Stanley is a video game and culture reporter based in Virginia with words at Polygon and USGamer. When she’s not writing about memes, she edits Unwinnable’s monthly magazine. You can follow her on Twitter @pithyalyse.