- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Tuesday 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
- A GoFundMe for Eric Garner’s killer has raised more than $70,000 Tuesday 12:49 PM
The Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday released Brett Kavanaugh’s calendars from the summer of 1982, which the Supreme Court nominee claims were meticulously kept and show he never attended a party with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who says Kavanaugh attempted to rape him.
The calendars released cover May to August of 1982, and revolve around typical teen events: Beach Week, college interviews, and football camp. He also leaves rampant reminders to “lift,” presumably weights.
While Kavanaugh has said that the calendars prove he did not attend a party where Ford was present they are not necessarily definitive. Some events detailed are laden with question marks (“Nikki comes over????”) and entire dates are left blank. It’s also clear some events were added before they occurred, and some after.
On July 28, 1982, the calendar also included a note, “go to Judge’s,” which is possibly about Mark Judge, the person who was allegedly with Kavanaugh when the assault occurred.
A date for the alleged assault was never given by Ford, she only said that it happened that summer.
One thing that was noted online: Kavanaugh, who claimed he was a choirboy, certainly seemed to party a lot.
From the yearbook: "Beach Week Ralph Club - Biggest Contributor." But he never drank to excess or illegally?— Josh Dorner (@JoshDorner) September 26, 2018
Not sure how this is at all meant to be exculpatory or back up rather than contradict the choir boy claim. https://t.co/GHmwOMfPct
He was also grounded repeatedly.
Kavanaugh’s high school calendar: prom, BEACH WEEK, and a couple weekends grounded at home. https://t.co/IqcojkPtYB— Brian Ries (@moneyries) September 26, 2018
Both Ford and Kavanaugh will testify before the Judiciary Committee tomorrow.
A vote on Kavanaugh by the committee is scheduled for tomorrow.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]