- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Friday 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Friday 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Friday 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Friday 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Friday 10:52 AM
The Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday released Brett Kavanaugh’s calendars from the summer of 1982, which the Supreme Court nominee claims were meticulously kept and show he never attended a party with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who says Kavanaugh attempted to rape him.
The calendars released cover May to August of 1982, and revolve around typical teen events: Beach Week, college interviews, and football camp. He also leaves rampant reminders to “lift,” presumably weights.
While Kavanaugh has said that the calendars prove he did not attend a party where Ford was present they are not necessarily definitive. Some events detailed are laden with question marks (“Nikki comes over????”) and entire dates are left blank. It’s also clear some events were added before they occurred, and some after.
On July 28, 1982, the calendar also included a note, “go to Judge’s,” which is possibly about Mark Judge, the person who was allegedly with Kavanaugh when the assault occurred.
A date for the alleged assault was never given by Ford, she only said that it happened that summer.
One thing that was noted online: Kavanaugh, who claimed he was a choirboy, certainly seemed to party a lot.
From the yearbook: "Beach Week Ralph Club - Biggest Contributor." But he never drank to excess or illegally?— Josh Dorner (@JoshDorner) September 26, 2018
Not sure how this is at all meant to be exculpatory or back up rather than contradict the choir boy claim. https://t.co/GHmwOMfPct
He was also grounded repeatedly.
Kavanaugh’s high school calendar: prom, BEACH WEEK, and a couple weekends grounded at home. https://t.co/IqcojkPtYB— Brian Ries (@moneyries) September 26, 2018
Both Ford and Kavanaugh will testify before the Judiciary Committee tomorrow.
A vote on Kavanaugh by the committee is scheduled for tomorrow.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]