- Twitter proposes adding warnings to tweets with deepfakes 4 Weeks Ago
- Dak Prescott’s pregame warmup becomes an instant meme 4 Weeks Ago
- lhan Omar baselessly accused of anti-Semitism for billionaires tweet 4 Weeks Ago
- Tulsi Gabbard wants Hillary Clinton to retract her Russia accusations Today 9:24 AM
- 21 stoner gift ideas that don’t involve buying weed Today 9:13 AM
- PayPal and Venmo’s anti-terrorism regulations are causing headaches for average businesses Today 9:06 AM
- Consumers claim the Apple Card is sexist Today 8:44 AM
- Twitch bans Viperous for allegedly using racial slur during live stream Today 8:18 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ takes a stab at its own offseason meta-narrative Today 7:06 AM
- Virtual reality is a surprisingly great tool for therapeutic conversations Today 7:00 AM
- What it means to be pangender Today 6:00 AM
- Why Lady Trieu’s costume is so significant in ‘Watchmen’ episode 4 Sunday 9:45 PM
- White woman calls police on her Black roommate for setting heat to 72 degrees Sunday 4:19 PM
- Nicki Minaj says she will stop using Instagram after it hides likes Sunday 2:59 PM
- Kylie Jenner denies sending ‘rise and shine’ cease-and-desist letters Sunday 2:23 PM
Last night, President Donald Trump shared a photo of his meeting with House Speaker Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), declaring she had a “meltdown.”
Nervous Nancy's unhinged meltdown! pic.twitter.com/RDeUI7sfe7— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 16, 2019
This morning, Pelosi added the photo to her Twitter profile.
That would have been the end of it, a fine coda to a mini-internet drama, one of 1,000 we all process and immediately forget in the natural life cycle of being online every day. But then Sen. Kamala Harris’ (D-Calif.) press secretary Ian Sams, last seen practically accusing Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) of being of Russian descent, had to go and do this.
“Time for an upgrade,” he tweeted.
Time for an upgrade. pic.twitter.com/10UHpWunEz— Ian Sams (@IanSams) October 17, 2019
Update 2:46pm CT: The post has been deleted.
That’s Harris in place of Trump, poorly photoshopped in the image, and it raises a question or two.
Like: Why is Pelosi upset at President Kamala Harris for pulling U.S. troops out of Syria?
Thankfully, this creation was meme fodder, as people online mocked it. All of who in Sams’ estimation are (probably!) also Russian operatives.
Time for an upgrade. pic.twitter.com/glshYGTWt5— Junji Ito's Oregon Trail (@aScottyMr) October 17, 2019
Time for an upgrade pic.twitter.com/Q0ERed478A— Junji Ito's Oregon Trail (@aScottyMr) October 17, 2019
Time for an upgrade pic.twitter.com/aVpRex2qK6— Junji Ito's Oregon Trail (@aScottyMr) October 17, 2019
Time for an upgrade pic.twitter.com/Npsl0AuAnE— Malak Kobbe (@Malak_Kobbe) October 17, 2019
Time for an upgrade. pic.twitter.com/8nMWDkCoxu— Jacob Bacharach (@jakebackpack) October 17, 2019
Time for an upgrade pic.twitter.com/zmGlzn4Nyg— Joseph Zucker (@JosephZucker) October 17, 2019
Time for an upgrade pic.twitter.com/CuJtxuAwCI— Jake Dabkowski (@georgewhips) October 17, 2019
Harris is polling fifth in the 2020 Democratic primary, behind Joe Biden, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), and Mayor Pete Buttigieg.
Time for an upgrade in those polls?
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]