- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
Let’s just say… something is up with Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) tonight.
Whether it was over the mispronunciation of Pete Buttigieg’s name or Andrew Yang’s Freedom Dividend plan, Harris could be heard cackling, and cackling, and cackling.
But that was just the beginning of it. She got a little flustered and emotional while speaking with Beto O’Rourke about the shooting in El Paso.
Then, she called Trump a “really small dude” while making a tortured Wizard of Oz metaphor that didn’t exactly land.
She nonetheless loved it.
Harris laughed about her own joke there as well, while telling moderator George Stephanopolous she wasn’t talking about him (he’s short, too).
Kamala Harris: "The bottom line is this: Donald Trump, in office on trade policy, you know, he reminds me of that guy in "The Wizard of Oz," you know, when you pull back the curtain, it's a really small dude?" pic.twitter.com/jxNtJLGlZf— Axios (@axios) September 13, 2019
All in all it adds up to a lot of opinions.
Kamala high as hell lock her up— yc (@yc) September 13, 2019
Kamala Harris is high as fuck 😂 #DemDebate— Ahov (@AhovRift) September 13, 2019
Serious question: is Kamala high?— Deplorable-D (@Deplorable_D) September 13, 2019
Kamala Harris is high as shit right now— Stefan (@StefanCalepak) September 13, 2019
Harris was once adamantly anti-marijuana. She’s since changed her tune.
Maybe a little too much?
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]