- Sebastian Gorka blocks pundit over Fleshlight joke Today 1:56 AM
- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
Let’s just say… something is up with Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) tonight.
Whether it was over the mispronunciation of Pete Buttigieg’s name or Andrew Yang’s Freedom Dividend plan, Harris could be heard cackling, and cackling, and cackling.
But that was just the beginning of it. She got a little flustered and emotional while speaking with Beto O’Rourke about the shooting in El Paso.
Then, she called Trump a “really small dude” while making a tortured Wizard of Oz metaphor that didn’t exactly land.
She nonetheless loved it.
Harris laughed about her own joke there as well, while telling moderator George Stephanopolous she wasn’t talking about him (he’s short, too).
Kamala Harris: "The bottom line is this: Donald Trump, in office on trade policy, you know, he reminds me of that guy in "The Wizard of Oz," you know, when you pull back the curtain, it's a really small dude?" pic.twitter.com/jxNtJLGlZf— Axios (@axios) September 13, 2019
All in all it adds up to a lot of opinions.
Kamala high as hell lock her up— yc (@yc) September 13, 2019
Kamala Harris is high as fuck 😂 #DemDebate— Ahov (@AhovRift) September 13, 2019
Serious question: is Kamala high?— Deplorable-D (@Deplorable_D) September 13, 2019
Kamala Harris is high as shit right now— Stefan (@StefanCalepak) September 13, 2019
Harris was once adamantly anti-marijuana. She’s since changed her tune.
Maybe a little too much?
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]