- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
- Reddit users share stories of the worst things guests have done in their homes Wednesday 1:25 PM
- WikiLeaks lawyer says Trump offered Assange a pardon—if he’d deny Russian hack Wednesday 1:16 PM
- 6-year-old placed in psychiatric facility for ‘trantrum’ is seen acting calm in body cam footage Wednesday 1:05 PM
- Amy Klobuchar devouring Ivanka Trump is the 2020 vore crossover no one wanted Wednesday 12:32 PM
- Review: Hulu’s ‘Devs’ is a brilliant work of near-future science fiction Wednesday 11:53 AM
- Rapper Pop Smoke dead at 20 Wednesday 11:42 AM
- KSI says he will back Team YouTube if Logan Paul fights Antonio Brown Wednesday 11:29 AM
State of the Union addresses are typically boring presentations of policy proposals that will never be implemented. There is lots of grandstanding against the backdrop of the U.S. Capitol.
But for tradition and appearance’s sake, the speech keeps getting delivered and members of Congress keep attending.
Tuesday night, however, one person was over it. That person was a child invited to the speech by the president’s wife.
Joshua Trump was attending as a guest of Melania Trump after he experienced bullying at the hands of his fellow students for his last name.
But at President Donald Trump’s speech, he was zonked out.
Joshua Trump owns. pic.twitter.com/68fVCEvkky— southpaw (@nycsouthpaw) February 6, 2019
JOSHUA TRUMP RULES pic.twitter.com/Opc88adMfB— Josh Weinberg (@josh_weinberg) February 6, 2019
I want to frame that picture of Joshua Trump sleeping through the SOTU.— Ryan Hall (@cornpuddy) February 6, 2019
Ju suis Joshua.— Maria Quitéria™ (@RaceForTheWH) February 6, 2019
We are ALL Joshua Trump.
Heck, even TRUMP is apparently Joshua Trump, about 7 hours each work day. #ExecutiveTime
Seriously though, I’m glad the boy was sleeping and therefore, not embarrassed that Trump forgot to SAY HIS NAME. pic.twitter.com/cA2qCsv3VD
The photo has gone viral—and it’s a mood.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]