- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved 4 Months Ago
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari 4 Months Ago
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series 4 Months Ago
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Today 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Today 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Today 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Today 2:45 PM
- Homophobic preacher wants Pete Buttigieg to renounce fisting and rimming Today 2:33 PM
- ‘The Liar, the Snitch, and the War Crimes’: Twitter roasts news of Trump Jr. book deal Today 12:36 PM
- Polar Peak in Fortnite is cracking, and players think a dragon may be beneath the ice Today 12:07 PM
- ‘Rise of Skywalker’ first look reveals mysterious new characters Today 12:00 PM
- Meet the anti-choice, pro-NRA Trump supporter challenging Rep. Justin Amash Today 11:51 AM
- Moby attempts to prove he dated Natalie Portman with a shirtless photo Today 11:39 AM
- After feuding with James Charles, Tati Westbrook angers the YouTube community Today 11:06 AM
- Does Keri Russell’s ‘Rise of Skywalker’ character have an offensive name in Spanish? Today 10:59 AM
State of the Union addresses are typically boring presentations of policy proposals that will never be implemented. There is lots of grandstanding against the backdrop of the U.S. Capitol.
But for tradition and appearance’s sake, the speech keeps getting delivered and members of Congress keep attending.
Tuesday night, however, one person was over it. That person was a child invited to the speech by the president’s wife.
Joshua Trump was attending as a guest of Melania Trump after he experienced bullying at the hands of his fellow students for his last name.
But at President Donald Trump’s speech, he was zonked out.
Joshua Trump owns. pic.twitter.com/68fVCEvkky
— southpaw (@nycsouthpaw) February 6, 2019
JOSHUA TRUMP RULES pic.twitter.com/Opc88adMfB
— Josh Weinberg (@josh_weinberg) February 6, 2019
— Pardes Seleh (@PardesSeleh) February 6, 2019
I want to frame that picture of Joshua Trump sleeping through the SOTU.
— Ryan Hall (@cornpuddy) February 6, 2019
Ju suis Joshua.
We are ALL Joshua Trump.
Heck, even TRUMP is apparently Joshua Trump, about 7 hours each work day. #ExecutiveTime
Seriously though, I’m glad the boy was sleeping and therefore, not embarrassed that Trump forgot to SAY HIS NAME. pic.twitter.com/cA2qCsv3VD
— Maria Quitéria™ (@RaceForTheWH) February 6, 2019
The photo has gone viral—and it’s a mood.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]