- The ‘Smooth Bernie’ conspiracy is false, but the memes are fire Friday 3:59 PM
- Trump says he wants to raise the vaping age to 21 Friday 3:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ comes to a crossroads in Chapter 3 Friday 1:11 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Servant’ will make you scared of reborn dolls Friday 1:05 PM
- Lindsey Graham roasted for turning his back on a veteran Friday 12:52 PM
- Scooter Braun asks Taylor Swift for ‘resolution’ after allegedly getting death threats Friday 12:35 PM
- ‘Frozen 2’ plays it safe and lacks the magic of the original Friday 12:19 PM
- Graphic video shows police pinning man face-down in subway station Friday 12:18 PM
- Mini-documentary shows Trump supporters clashing at Denny’s Friday 11:52 AM
- Here’s why ‘Furry and Proud’ is trending on Twitter Friday 11:16 AM
- Sacha Baron Cohen calls tech giants the ‘greatest propaganda machine in history’ Friday 11:04 AM
- ‘Resistance Reborn’ is a must-read before ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Friday 10:14 AM
- Stephen Miller should be fired, more than 100 lawmakers say Friday 9:56 AM
- YouTube star Bretman Rock goes off on fans who wanted selfies during his dad’s funeral Friday 9:14 AM
- The U.S. Army is reevaluating its use of TikTok after security concerns Friday 8:45 AM
State of the Union addresses are typically boring presentations of policy proposals that will never be implemented. There is lots of grandstanding against the backdrop of the U.S. Capitol.
But for tradition and appearance’s sake, the speech keeps getting delivered and members of Congress keep attending.
Tuesday night, however, one person was over it. That person was a child invited to the speech by the president’s wife.
Joshua Trump was attending as a guest of Melania Trump after he experienced bullying at the hands of his fellow students for his last name.
But at President Donald Trump’s speech, he was zonked out.
Joshua Trump owns. pic.twitter.com/68fVCEvkky— southpaw (@nycsouthpaw) February 6, 2019
JOSHUA TRUMP RULES pic.twitter.com/Opc88adMfB— Josh Weinberg (@josh_weinberg) February 6, 2019
I want to frame that picture of Joshua Trump sleeping through the SOTU.— Ryan Hall (@cornpuddy) February 6, 2019
Ju suis Joshua.— Maria Quitéria™ (@RaceForTheWH) February 6, 2019
We are ALL Joshua Trump.
Heck, even TRUMP is apparently Joshua Trump, about 7 hours each work day. #ExecutiveTime
Seriously though, I’m glad the boy was sleeping and therefore, not embarrassed that Trump forgot to SAY HIS NAME. pic.twitter.com/cA2qCsv3VD
The photo has gone viral—and it’s a mood.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]