- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
State of the Union addresses are typically boring presentations of policy proposals that will never be implemented. There is lots of grandstanding against the backdrop of the U.S. Capitol.
But for tradition and appearance’s sake, the speech keeps getting delivered and members of Congress keep attending.
Tuesday night, however, one person was over it. That person was a child invited to the speech by the president’s wife.
Joshua Trump was attending as a guest of Melania Trump after he experienced bullying at the hands of his fellow students for his last name.
But at President Donald Trump’s speech, he was zonked out.
Joshua Trump owns. pic.twitter.com/68fVCEvkky
— southpaw (@nycsouthpaw) February 6, 2019
JOSHUA TRUMP RULES pic.twitter.com/Opc88adMfB
— Josh Weinberg (@josh_weinberg) February 6, 2019
— Pardes Seleh (@PardesSeleh) February 6, 2019
I want to frame that picture of Joshua Trump sleeping through the SOTU.
— Ryan Hall (@cornpuddy) February 6, 2019
Ju suis Joshua.
We are ALL Joshua Trump.
Heck, even TRUMP is apparently Joshua Trump, about 7 hours each work day. #ExecutiveTime
Seriously though, I’m glad the boy was sleeping and therefore, not embarrassed that Trump forgot to SAY HIS NAME. pic.twitter.com/cA2qCsv3VD
— Maria Quitéria™ (@RaceForTheWH) February 6, 2019
The photo has gone viral—and it’s a mood.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]