- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
State of the Union addresses are typically boring presentations of policy proposals that will never be implemented. There is lots of grandstanding against the backdrop of the U.S. Capitol.
But for tradition and appearance’s sake, the speech keeps getting delivered and members of Congress keep attending.
Tuesday night, however, one person was over it. That person was a child invited to the speech by the president’s wife.
Joshua Trump was attending as a guest of Melania Trump after he experienced bullying at the hands of his fellow students for his last name.
But at President Donald Trump’s speech, he was zonked out.
Joshua Trump owns. pic.twitter.com/68fVCEvkky— southpaw (@nycsouthpaw) February 6, 2019
JOSHUA TRUMP RULES pic.twitter.com/Opc88adMfB— Josh Weinberg (@josh_weinberg) February 6, 2019
I want to frame that picture of Joshua Trump sleeping through the SOTU.— Ryan Hall (@cornpuddy) February 6, 2019
Ju suis Joshua.— Maria Quitéria™ (@RaceForTheWH) February 6, 2019
We are ALL Joshua Trump.
Heck, even TRUMP is apparently Joshua Trump, about 7 hours each work day. #ExecutiveTime
Seriously though, I’m glad the boy was sleeping and therefore, not embarrassed that Trump forgot to SAY HIS NAME. pic.twitter.com/cA2qCsv3VD
The photo has gone viral—and it’s a mood.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]