- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
After attacking Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)’s war service, Trump is now at the point in his campaign where fellow Republicans are calling him a disgrace and fellow candidates want him to step out of the race. In just about every other instance, a candidate would apologize for his words, even if he went with a non-apology. But not Trump.
As Stewart explained on The Daily Show, we shouldn’t be surprised about Trump. We’ve already seen what happens when an Internet comments section comes to life in American politics.
It’s a new level of asshole that we’re just not used to—and correspondent Jordan Klepper is all for it.
If elected, he pointed out, Trump would be the first openly asshole president. Even fellow asshole Paul Rudd, appearing as Stewart’s guest, could get behind that.
Stewart can’t help it. He loves this man—and with three weeks left, he’s enjoying this holiday as long as he can.
Screengrab via The Daily Show
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.