- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Today 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Today 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Today 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Today 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Today 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Today 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Today 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Today 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Today 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Today 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Today 5:30 AM
Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired
John Podhoretz has, in turn, ‘neutron bombed’ his own Twitter account.
Reasonable people can disagree about reasonable things, but there’s a pretty broad consensus about not committing acts of violence at places of learning, or perhaps ever. Unless you are conservative commentator John Podhoretz, who was furious yesterday that New York University had the gall to hire people to teach students.
NYU recently hired two women journalists, Lauren Duca and Talia Levin, to teach courses at its journalism school. Both have had some online fame and infamy. Duca, for a viral piece of content about President Donald Trump “gaslighting” America several years ago, and Levin, over mistakenly identifying a tattoo of an ICE officer as a white supremacy symbol.
That was too much for Podhoretz, who declared we should “neutron bomb” journalism schools.
bomb a school, you say pic.twitter.com/SdrgSZUt2i
— lvl 45 chaos caucus potus (@thetomzone) March 20, 2019
Bombing a school is never a good idea, nor is joking about. In fact, the tweet went over so poorly that Podhoretz deactivated his Twitter account.
Did John Podhoretz go to Reply Guy Heaven? pic.twitter.com/aAs1U6TuaU
— Ben Collins (@oneunderscore__) March 20, 2019
congrats to John Podhoretz for owning himself so hard he erased his own existence
— Simon Maloy (@SimonMaloy) March 20, 2019
Where was John Podhoretz radicalized https://t.co/JtUkcOKuek
— Natasha Roth (@NatashaRoth01) March 20, 2019
In an apology posted on Commentary, Podhoretz said, “I do not wish to see any fellow journalists come to harm,” calling the tweet “satirical.”
However, this is the second time in 2019 that Podhoretz has “neutron bombed” his own Twitter account. After joking the Roger Stone would like prison—a clear rape joke—Podhoretz said he would stay off Twitter for 30 days.
Maybe he should consider leaving it for good.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]