- You can now perform Marvel plays with your school theater group 3 Months Ago
- Trans/Sex: Strap-ons for trans women, inclusive porn games, and online dating 3 Months Ago
- Why UFC 239 may be the PPV event of the year Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired
John Podhoretz has, in turn, ‘neutron bombed’ his own Twitter account.
Reasonable people can disagree about reasonable things, but there’s a pretty broad consensus about not committing acts of violence at places of learning, or perhaps ever. Unless you are conservative commentator John Podhoretz, who was furious yesterday that New York University had the gall to hire people to teach students.
NYU recently hired two women journalists, Lauren Duca and Talia Levin, to teach courses at its journalism school. Both have had some online fame and infamy. Duca, for a viral piece of content about President Donald Trump “gaslighting” America several years ago, and Levin, over mistakenly identifying a tattoo of an ICE officer as a white supremacy symbol.
That was too much for Podhoretz, who declared we should “neutron bomb” journalism schools.
bomb a school, you say pic.twitter.com/SdrgSZUt2i
— lvl 45 chaos caucus potus (@thetomzone) March 20, 2019
Bombing a school is never a good idea, nor is joking about. In fact, the tweet went over so poorly that Podhoretz deactivated his Twitter account.
Did John Podhoretz go to Reply Guy Heaven? pic.twitter.com/aAs1U6TuaU
— Ben Collins (@oneunderscore__) March 20, 2019
congrats to John Podhoretz for owning himself so hard he erased his own existence
— Simon Maloy (@SimonMaloy) March 20, 2019
Where was John Podhoretz radicalized https://t.co/JtUkcOKuek
— Natasha Roth (@NatashaRoth01) March 20, 2019
In an apology posted on Commentary, Podhoretz said, “I do not wish to see any fellow journalists come to harm,” calling the tweet “satirical.”
However, this is the second time in 2019 that Podhoretz has “neutron bombed” his own Twitter account. After joking the Roger Stone would like prison—a clear rape joke—Podhoretz said he would stay off Twitter for 30 days.
Maybe he should consider leaving it for good.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]