- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Sunday 1:00 AM
Sanders says John Kelly is upset over NATO breakfast food—but no one’s buying it
White House Chief of Staff John Kelly had a sour face at the NATO summit in Brussels on Wednesday. But press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders insists he was upset over the breakfast food offerings—and definitely not over the president maligning allies.
President Donald Trump went on a rampage against Germany at a summit breakfast, saying the country is “totally controlled by Russia.” As he talked, his American table mates—particularly Kelly—shifted in their seats and looked like they wanted to crawl under rocks.
Quite interesting to watch John Kelly's face in the background as Trump says that "Germany is totally controlled by Russia." (via ABC). pic.twitter.com/qJvj30a3zv
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) July 11, 2018
A body language expert told the Washington Post that Kelly’s conveying “he wants to be anywhere but where he is.”
But Sanders said in a statement to the Post that the chief of staff “was displeased because he was expecting a full breakfast and there were only pastries and cheese.”
People on Twitter are absolutely not buying this excuse.
Just to recap. The WH press secretary says the chief of staff was pursing his lips and looking away while Trump was talking because he was pouting over not having eggs or waffles? https://t.co/gKI21HBmYr
— Colby Itkowitz (@ColbyItkowitz) July 11, 2018
WHO AMONG US https://t.co/8GQX4ZujyA
— Hallie Jackson (@HallieJackson) July 11, 2018
Glad to hear that the Very Serious chief of staff is more worried about the breakfast offerings than a President trashing one of our most important allies. https://t.co/BToPcLgFqB
— Ben Rhodes (@brhodes) July 11, 2018
The response sounds even more bonkers when you consider Kelly’s decorated history in the U.S. Marine Corps.
Tough military guy was expecting nutella and strawberry for his breakfast. https://t.co/N3JYldmWJ0
— Navid (@NYCNavid) July 11, 2018
That is a TRUE Marine’s response. Yup! That is what General Kelly was upset about https://t.co/NjZTeukJtS
— Henry Winkler (@hwinkler4real) July 11, 2018
And if it is true that Kelly was upset over “pastries and cheese,” Sanders totally left his picky eating habits out to dry.
In the highly unlikely event this statement is true, what a mean thing to reveal about the chief of staff. https://t.co/bqqxkouW26
— David Frum (@davidfrum) July 11, 2018
H/T Business Insider
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.