- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage 1 Year Ago
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments 1 Year Ago
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis 1 Year Ago
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay 1 Year Ago
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Today 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Today 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Today 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Today 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Today 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Today 2:04 PM
- Caitlyn Jenner ridiculed with transphobic jokes during Alec Baldwin roast Today 1:27 PM
- Brad Pitt confronts his daddy issues in the sci-fi epic ‘Ad Astra’ Today 1:20 PM
- People are stanning Elizabeth Warren’s respect for a train’s quiet car Today 1:16 PM
- Far-right mobs attacked queer kids after first Pride in Ukraine city Today 1:13 PM
- Influencer who photoshopped clouds into photos is partnering with the editing app Today 12:34 PM
Bolton was chairman of the Gatestone Institute, a nonprofit based in New York,from 2013 until recently. The organization trafficked in false and misleading content and has warned of a “jihadist takeover” of Europe.
This takeover, in turn, the organization said in a post, will lead to a “Great White Death.”
In the four European countries most targeted by terror attacks—Britain, France, Belgium and Germany—the number of official extremists has reached 66,000. That sounds like a real army, on active duty.
According to the Council on American-Islamic Relations, which spoke with NBC, Gatestone is “a key part of the whole Islamophobic cottage industry on the internet.”
Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the organization called Bolton’s position in Trump’s administration “disturbing.”
Bolton has long been criticized for his radical views on the Middle East, claiming that the Iraq War was justified and has lobbied for war with Iran.
You can read NBC’s report here.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]