- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
YouTube prankster turned conservative talking head Joey “Salads” Saladino is attempting to convince the internet that he had his left testicle cut out.
In a statement on Twitter in September, Saladino vowed to have his testicle surgically removed if President Donald Trump was impeached.
“If Trump gets impeached, I will donate my Left testicle to medical research,” Saladino said at the time. “You can quote me on this.”
If Trump gets impeached, I will donate my Left testicle to medical research.— Joey Saladino (@JoeySalads) September 24, 2019
You can quote me on this.
On Wednesday evening, the House of Representatives voted in favor of several articles of impeachment against Trump, making him the third president in U.S. history to be impeached.
Not long after the announcement, Saladino claimed on Twitter that he had his left testicle removed. His tweet also included a photo allegedly showing him in a hospital bed.
While it should be self-evident that the likelihood of Saladino being able to schedule a testicle removal procedure not even a few hours after the impeachment is incredibly unlikely, analysis of his photo by the Daily Dot also points to a clear troll.
The gown featured in the photo is identical to one used in the thumbnail for one of Saladino’s 2018 prank videos. A nasal cannula is also present in both the Twitter photo and the YouTube thumbnail.
When asked to provide details on his alleged testicle operation, Saladino referenced the Daily Dot to his tweet. When asked why his hospital gown matched the one in his YouTube video, Saladino declined to respond.
Saladino doubled down on the troll by tweeting a faux letter from the nonexistent “National Testicle Association.” The letter, complete with grammatical errors and signed by “Dick N’Bawlz,” thanked Saladino for offering up the testicle.
It’s safe to say that despite losing the bet, Saladino won’t be giving up his left testicle anytime soon.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.