- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
An email by Corsi from 2016—between Corsi and Trump affiliate Roger Stone—reveals that Corsi was fully aware that Russian hackers were indeed behind the stolen emails, rather than DNC staffer Seth Rich.
Corsi shared his plea deal with Special Counsel Robert Mueller, and in an email to Stone, Corsi wrote “That appears to be the game hackers are now about. Would not hurt to start suggesting HRC old, memory bad, has stroke.”
Back in August 2016, Stone’s tweet about Rich having “ties to DNC heist,” gave traction to the untrue narrative that Rich was murdered over the theft of the emails, the Daily Beast reports.
In the following months, Corsi doubled down on the theory despite pleas from Rich’s family to desist. The conspiracy theories escalated in part due to a three-part InfoWars series in which Corsi claimed Rich’s murder was ordered by Hillary Clinton, which ran in 2018.
I will be joining Jason Goodman on his Live Stream broadcast today SETH RICH- Witness Prepared to Identify Two Killers of Seth Rich at Tuesday press conference at 1:00PM at the HOLIDAY INN Rosslyn Key Bridge in DC -- I will join Jason by SKYPE - please watch CROWDSOURCE THE TRUTH pic.twitter.com/KJ2Em3AyMh— Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D. (@jerome_corsi) July 10, 2018
Rich was murdered in what police deemed was a failed robbery on July 10, 2016. The emails, released by WikiLeaks beginning on July 22, 2016, days before the Democratic National Convention began, were massively damaging to the Clinton campaign.
H/T Daily Beast
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.