- Ariana Grande’s new single ‘7 Rings’ has Twitter feeling broke 2 Months Ago
- The end of an era: RIP, Critique My Dick Pic 2 Months Ago
- Mastodon is crumbling—and many blame its creator 2 Months Ago
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ hints at Spock’s new role in the season 2 premiere 2 Months Ago
- How to watch ‘Rachel Maddow’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Thursday 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Thursday 12:08 PM
Roger Stone, Jerome Corsi knew about Russian hacking while making Seth Rich-DNC claims
An email by Corsi from 2016—between Corsi and Trump affiliate Roger Stone—reveals that Corsi was fully aware that Russian hackers were indeed behind the stolen emails, rather than DNC staffer Seth Rich.
Corsi shared his plea deal with Special Counsel Robert Mueller, and in an email to Stone, Corsi wrote “That appears to be the game hackers are now about. Would not hurt to start suggesting HRC old, memory bad, has stroke.”
Back in August 2016, Stone’s tweet about Rich having “ties to DNC heist,” gave traction to the untrue narrative that Rich was murdered over the theft of the emails, the Daily Beast reports.
In the following months, Corsi doubled down on the theory despite pleas from Rich’s family to desist. The conspiracy theories escalated in part due to a three-part InfoWars series in which Corsi claimed Rich’s murder was ordered by Hillary Clinton, which ran in 2018.
I will be joining Jason Goodman on his Live Stream broadcast today SETH RICH- Witness Prepared to Identify Two Killers of Seth Rich at Tuesday press conference at 1:00PM at the HOLIDAY INN Rosslyn Key Bridge in DC — I will join Jason by SKYPE – please watch CROWDSOURCE THE TRUTH pic.twitter.com/KJ2Em3AyMh
— Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D. (@jerome_corsi) July 10, 2018
Rich was murdered in what police deemed was a failed robbery on July 10, 2016. The emails, released by WikiLeaks beginning on July 22, 2016, days before the Democratic National Convention began, were massively damaging to the Clinton campaign.
H/T Daily Beast
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.