- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
An email by Corsi from 2016—between Corsi and Trump affiliate Roger Stone—reveals that Corsi was fully aware that Russian hackers were indeed behind the stolen emails, rather than DNC staffer Seth Rich.
Corsi shared his plea deal with Special Counsel Robert Mueller, and in an email to Stone, Corsi wrote “That appears to be the game hackers are now about. Would not hurt to start suggesting HRC old, memory bad, has stroke.”
Back in August 2016, Stone’s tweet about Rich having “ties to DNC heist,” gave traction to the untrue narrative that Rich was murdered over the theft of the emails, the Daily Beast reports.
In the following months, Corsi doubled down on the theory despite pleas from Rich’s family to desist. The conspiracy theories escalated in part due to a three-part InfoWars series in which Corsi claimed Rich’s murder was ordered by Hillary Clinton, which ran in 2018.
I will be joining Jason Goodman on his Live Stream broadcast today SETH RICH- Witness Prepared to Identify Two Killers of Seth Rich at Tuesday press conference at 1:00PM at the HOLIDAY INN Rosslyn Key Bridge in DC -- I will join Jason by SKYPE - please watch CROWDSOURCE THE TRUTH pic.twitter.com/KJ2Em3AyMh— Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D. (@jerome_corsi) July 10, 2018
Rich was murdered in what police deemed was a failed robbery on July 10, 2016. The emails, released by WikiLeaks beginning on July 22, 2016, days before the Democratic National Convention began, were massively damaging to the Clinton campaign.
H/T Daily Beast
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.