- Sebastian Gorka blocks pundit over Fleshlight joke Today 1:56 AM
- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
Great Britain heads to the polls for a hotly contested election on Thursday, which will shape the future of both Great Britain and the rest of the European Union.
The margins between Labour and the Tories are expected to be razor-thin, and any little bit of last-minute news, scandal, or shocking development could swing the vote.
Which is why this tweet this morning from Labour head Jeremy Corbyn stopped everyone in its tracks.
I have been informed that personal images from my past have been sent to some media outlets and are set to be released today.— Jeremy Corbyn (@jeremycorbyn) December 12, 2019
Here's the truth: https://t.co/XtvzZdb8oy
Shocking, scandalous images, on the day of an election? What could be worse for the party?
Luckily for Labour, it was just a well-done Rickroll. The link leads to a site with polling information and locations.
And it worked. Just about everyone said they clicked. Or offered their own spin on the images.
I love this so much because a) it's encouraging people to get out and vote and b) it's making us all think about the possibility of Jeremy Corbyn dick pics ahead of the most important day of his life. https://t.co/bwpCNG3bEh— The Muppet Christmas Carl (@TVsCarlKinsella) December 12, 2019
Well played! https://t.co/r9GXasptgj— Lisa Westcott Wilkins (@LisaWWilkins) December 12, 2019
Lmao unreal Jezza https://t.co/ijtWqtukjV— Aaron Jackson (@aaronjacko) December 12, 2019
Will it be enough to swing things in Labour’s favor? We’ll find out tonight.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]