- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Tuesday 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Tuesday 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Tuesday 1:16 PM
In the immediate aftermath of Jeffrey Epstein’s death Saturday morning, conspiracy theories swirled. Although the former financier and convicted pedophile accustomed to living the highest of lives was facing life in prison, people immediately thought his death came at the hands of someone else.
It makes sense—even if there’s no proof—as Epstein potentially had incriminating evidence on not one but two presidents, as well as a host of other people. But it’s also plausible he didn’t want to face a public trial and a lengthy jail sentence.
But the newest conspiracy roiling around a death that is still only a few hours old is that maybe Epstein didn’t even die and that a body double was instead used to help him escape justice for his crimes.
The evidence? In a picture published of him on a gurney after he was removed from jail and taken to a nearby hospital, his ear maybe looks kinda different?
You be the judge.
I know camera angles, age difference etc. I'm just asking if his ear looks the same to you in both photos. Also, why would you say cardiac arrest in the call to get an ambulance if it really was a hanging. https://t.co/Ac6dW3ysH3 pic.twitter.com/vnktQkGhl4— Enty (@entylawyer) August 10, 2019
Does this really look like Jeffrey Epstein? Different nose bridge, completely different ear... #JeffreyEpstein #EpsteinFiles #JeffreyEpsteinSuicide #JeffreyEpsteinDead #ClintonBodyCount pic.twitter.com/P6uopzskp6— Haze (@Haze2K1) August 10, 2019
Doesn’t look like the same ear to me pic.twitter.com/rsbsDGH9sN— Gary Pieffer (@couchloc) August 10, 2019
There are also some thoughts that his nose looks a tad different.
The theory, I guess, is that Epstein is so powerful and so connected, he could stage a suicide in federal jail, and while everyone was focusing on the news, walk out the back free to live out his days on an island somewhere.
Maybe he’s already hanging with Tupac.
- Conspiracy theories swirl after Jeffrey Epstein’s suicide
- Jeffrey Epstein reportedly wanted to seed the human race himself
- Jeffrey Epstein’s lawyer bud: Hey why not 16-year-olds?
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]