- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Today 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Today 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Today 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Today 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Today 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Today 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Today 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Today 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Today 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Today 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Today 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Today 12:18 PM
- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level Today 11:52 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Ravens in NFL preseason action Today 11:26 AM
- How to create your very own Instagram hoax Today 11:15 AM
In the immediate aftermath of Jeffrey Epstein’s death Saturday morning, conspiracy theories swirled. Although the former financier and convicted pedophile accustomed to living the highest of lives was facing life in prison, people immediately thought his death came at the hands of someone else.
It makes sense—even if there’s no proof—as Epstein potentially had incriminating evidence on not one but two presidents, as well as a host of other people. But it’s also plausible he didn’t want to face a public trial and a lengthy jail sentence.
But the newest conspiracy roiling around a death that is still only a few hours old is that maybe Epstein didn’t even die and that a body double was instead used to help him escape justice for his crimes.
The evidence? In a picture published of him on a gurney after he was removed from jail and taken to a nearby hospital, his ear maybe looks kinda different?
You be the judge.
I know camera angles, age difference etc. I'm just asking if his ear looks the same to you in both photos. Also, why would you say cardiac arrest in the call to get an ambulance if it really was a hanging. https://t.co/Ac6dW3ysH3 pic.twitter.com/vnktQkGhl4— Enty (@entylawyer) August 10, 2019
Does this really look like Jeffrey Epstein? Different nose bridge, completely different ear... #JeffreyEpstein #EpsteinFiles #JeffreyEpsteinSuicide #JeffreyEpsteinDead #ClintonBodyCount pic.twitter.com/P6uopzskp6— Haze (@Haze2K1) August 10, 2019
Doesn’t look like the same ear to me pic.twitter.com/rsbsDGH9sN— Gary Pieffer (@couchloc) August 10, 2019
There are also some thoughts that his nose looks a tad different.
The theory, I guess, is that Epstein is so powerful and so connected, he could stage a suicide in federal jail, and while everyone was focusing on the news, walk out the back free to live out his days on an island somewhere.
Maybe he’s already hanging with Tupac.
- Conspiracy theories swirl after Jeffrey Epstein’s suicide
- Jeffrey Epstein reportedly wanted to seed the human race himself
- Jeffrey Epstein’s lawyer bud: Hey why not 16-year-olds?
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]