- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
In the immediate aftermath of Jeffrey Epstein’s death Saturday morning, conspiracy theories swirled. Although the former financier and convicted pedophile accustomed to living the highest of lives was facing life in prison, people immediately thought his death came at the hands of someone else.
It makes sense—even if there’s no proof—as Epstein potentially had incriminating evidence on not one but two presidents, as well as a host of other people. But it’s also plausible he didn’t want to face a public trial and a lengthy jail sentence.
But the newest conspiracy roiling around a death that is still only a few hours old is that maybe Epstein didn’t even die and that a body double was instead used to help him escape justice for his crimes.
The evidence? In a picture published of him on a gurney after he was removed from jail and taken to a nearby hospital, his ear maybe looks kinda different?
You be the judge.
I know camera angles, age difference etc. I'm just asking if his ear looks the same to you in both photos. Also, why would you say cardiac arrest in the call to get an ambulance if it really was a hanging. https://t.co/Ac6dW3ysH3 pic.twitter.com/vnktQkGhl4— Enty (@entylawyer) August 10, 2019
Does this really look like Jeffrey Epstein? Different nose bridge, completely different ear... #JeffreyEpstein #EpsteinFiles #JeffreyEpsteinSuicide #JeffreyEpsteinDead #ClintonBodyCount pic.twitter.com/P6uopzskp6— Haze (@Haze2K1) August 10, 2019
Doesn’t look like the same ear to me pic.twitter.com/rsbsDGH9sN— Gary Pieffer (@couchloc) August 10, 2019
There are also some thoughts that his nose looks a tad different.
The theory, I guess, is that Epstein is so powerful and so connected, he could stage a suicide in federal jail, and while everyone was focusing on the news, walk out the back free to live out his days on an island somewhere.
Maybe he’s already hanging with Tupac.
- Conspiracy theories swirl after Jeffrey Epstein’s suicide
- Jeffrey Epstein reportedly wanted to seed the human race himself
- Jeffrey Epstein’s lawyer bud: Hey why not 16-year-olds?
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]