- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Saturday 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Saturday 3:30 AM
The group requested a photo with Bush and ended up with internet gold.
we walked out of a Philly DSA meeting to find Jeb! on the street and got a picture the moment we told him we had just been doing socialism pic.twitter.com/FfkiIbAASx— indict Mark Zuckerberg (@flexlibris) November 9, 2018
According to the post, Twitter user @flexlibris shouted “socialism” in the moments before the photo was taken. Safe to say Bush, who served as Florida’s Republican governor from 1999 t0 2007, was taken off-guard. The photo perfectly captures the moment the statement hits him, immortalizing the crestfallen look on his face.
This photo will surely live in perpetuity alongside his painful request for people to “please clap” during a rally speech in 2016.
pretty sure we saw @mitchellreports walk by and laugh— indict Mark Zuckerberg (@flexlibris) November 9, 2018
The icing on the cake came in the moments after the photo was snapped. Bush asked @flexlibris “how are you gonna pay for socialism,” to which they responded “rich people like you!”
actual best part was when Jeb! was like “how are you gonna pay for socialism?” and I go “rich people like you!!!!”— indict Mark Zuckerberg (@flexlibris) November 9, 2018
Bush had his fair share of viral moments during his ill-fated 2016 run for president, and this is sure to join them in the annals of history.
While the internet is certainly happy about it, Bush is likely regretting agreeing to the photo in the first place.
Update 9:45am CT, Nov. 9: The Daily Dot spoke with Alison Macrina, who posted the photo. She said she and a group of comrades were walking out of a DSA meeting when they spotted Bush.
“Someone yelled ‘Jeb!’ and we all played along for a little while and pretended we were into him.”
The moment his aide went to take the photo, Bush asked the group what they were meeting about and they yelled ‘”socialism,” creating the opportunity for this priceless photo ‘s creation.
Macrina added that she encourages people to “do this when they see the ruling class in the streets. They deserve no peace.”
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.