- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
As of Tuesday night, the former Florida governor was polling nationally at 4 percent, good enough to place him sixth among the remaining Republican candidates, and though he’s done his best to make inroads on the national conscience—by asking his fans for support he can hear, by enlisting the help of his brother for the upcoming South Carolina primary, and by tweeting out a photo of a Jeb Bush-inscribed gun that started a viral meme on Tuesday—he still hasn’t gained much traction.
So now he’s trying to something else. He’s going to dab and see how that works out for him.
Bush has joined Hillary Clinton in the art of political dabbing, while, at the same time, potentially joining this guy in having the ability to disappoint most everybody with whom he comes into contact.
While there’s little doubt Bush was humoring a young fan who asked him to pose this way—and for that, Bush should be commended—there’s almost no chance that his dabbing moment won’t be used for Twitter mockery. Oh wait, it’s already happening.
Jeb Bush may have just put the dab out of its misery, but I’ve gotten my hopes up before
— jeff sterling (@jsterling86) February 17, 2016
Photo via Ashley Killough/Twitter
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.