- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller 7 Months Ago
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Today 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
Like every one of the 2,543 anodyne, downright identical white men running for president, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee has tried to stand out from the pack.
He’s centered his entire campaign around climate change, he’s boldly called Trump a “white nationalist,” and today, he broke out the biggest gun in his arsenal.
Now, you may consider yourself a smart, savvy, well-read, knowledgeable consumer of political news. Heck, you’re reading an article about the debate right now.
So I ask you, without peeking, without Googling. Did Jay Inslee wear glasses last debate?
Scroll down for the answer.
My friend… he did not!
Does he look smarter to you? He looks smarter to me.
- After Steve Bullock’s debate night, Montana wants to know: Who is the governor?
- No, Ilhan Omar, Nancy Pelosi, and El Chapo’s wife aren’t conspiring in Italy
- RIP John Delaney’s campaign, which died tonight at the hands of Elizabeth Warren
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]