- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
Last week the Washington Post reported a senior White House official was a significant focus in the investigation but wasn’t named until Thursday evening.
Kushner is being investigated for his interactions with Russia after he held meetings with a Russian ambassador and banker Sergey Kislyak from Moscow in December. While the meeting isn’t illegal, the meetings and phone calls were not made public at the time. The New York Times reported that Kushner left out the meetings from his security clearance form, but his lawyer said it was an error and the forms would be amended.
Kushner is currently the only known White House official to be considered key in the investigation. He has agreed to discuss his Russian contacts with the Senate Intelligence Committee looking into Russian interactions.
The Post notes that Kushner is not a “target” of the investigation at this point. A target in an investigation is a suspect and Kushner has not been accused of any wrongdoing.
H/T NBC News
Nidia Cavazos is a multimedia journalist with an emphasis on political reporting. She's contributed to Univision, KXAN, and USA Today College, and she was named one of six NBC Fellows by the National Association of Hispanic Journalists in 2017.