- How pranksters fooled the internet in 2018 2 Months Ago
- 2018 belonged to trans people Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch local channels on Roku Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Today 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Today 6:00 AM
- The best couch co-op video games for couples Today 6:00 AM
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash (updated) Saturday 10:22 AM
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free Saturday 10:00 AM
The Joint Staff/Flickr (Public Domain)
Nikki Haley unexpectedly announced on Tuesday her resignation as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations in a sit-down with President Donald Trump.
At the meeting was Ivanka Trump, who many have speculated the president will pick to replace her, as well as her husband, Jared Kushner. In her parting words, Haley took a moment out to praise Kushner.
She called him a “hidden genius no one understands,” for his work on Israel and the newly renegotiated U.S., Mexico, and Canada trade deal. The left-leaning Twitterati, which loves to mock Kushner for his obscenely wide policy role and unclear accomplishments, took issue with him being referred to that way.
Jared is such a hidden genius that it’s almost as if he’s not a genius at all. https://t.co/ePsEkR9HDQ
— Molly Jong☠️Fast (@MollyJongFast) October 9, 2018
“Hidden genius” who asked Russia for a private phone line to do treason https://t.co/sT9ssek3oC
— David Greenwald (@davidegreenwald) October 9, 2018
tfw you're a hidden genius that no one understand pic.twitter.com/4QQjEMwdTj
— Liz Charboneau (@lizchar) October 9, 2018
Nikki calls Jared a "hidden genius". Real hidden. So hidden you'd think it doesn't exist (it doesn't).
— SKIRT (@talktoskirt) October 9, 2018
People also noted that Haley might be cribbing language from one of Trump’s favorite phrases.
Hidden Genius, noted son-in-law of Stable Genius https://t.co/eTIgz70piU
— John Hendrickson (@JohnGHendy) October 9, 2018
Who knew there were these sub-species of genius?
— RC (@robertsjunk) October 9, 2018
It’s been speculated that Ivanka and Kushner would like to return to New York. If Trump chooses his daughter to replace Haley, it’s not clear whether Kushner would remain in his current roles as a senior adviser in the administration.
Kushner saw his role in Trump’s orbit diminish when he wasn’t able to pass a permanent background check, curtailing his access to classified information.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]