- Fortnite streamer Tfue sues gaming organization FaZe Clan over contract dispute 7 Months Ago
- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
The Joint Staff/Flickr (Public Domain)
Nikki Haley unexpectedly announced on Tuesday her resignation as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations in a sit-down with President Donald Trump.
At the meeting was Ivanka Trump, who many have speculated the president will pick to replace her, as well as her husband, Jared Kushner. In her parting words, Haley took a moment out to praise Kushner.
She called him a “hidden genius no one understands,” for his work on Israel and the newly renegotiated U.S., Mexico, and Canada trade deal. The left-leaning Twitterati, which loves to mock Kushner for his obscenely wide policy role and unclear accomplishments, took issue with him being referred to that way.
Jared is such a hidden genius that it’s almost as if he’s not a genius at all. https://t.co/ePsEkR9HDQ
— Molly Jong☠️Fast (@MollyJongFast) October 9, 2018
“Hidden genius” who asked Russia for a private phone line to do treason https://t.co/sT9ssek3oC
— David Greenwald (@davidegreenwald) October 9, 2018
tfw you're a hidden genius that no one understand pic.twitter.com/4QQjEMwdTj
— Liz Charboneau (@lizchar) October 9, 2018
Nikki calls Jared a "hidden genius". Real hidden. So hidden you'd think it doesn't exist (it doesn't).
— SKIRT (@talktoskirt) October 9, 2018
People also noted that Haley might be cribbing language from one of Trump’s favorite phrases.
Hidden Genius, noted son-in-law of Stable Genius https://t.co/eTIgz70piU
— John Hendrickson (@JohnGHendy) October 9, 2018
Who knew there were these sub-species of genius?
— RC (@robertsjunk) October 9, 2018
It’s been speculated that Ivanka and Kushner would like to return to New York. If Trump chooses his daughter to replace Haley, it’s not clear whether Kushner would remain in his current roles as a senior adviser in the administration.
Kushner saw his role in Trump’s orbit diminish when he wasn’t able to pass a permanent background check, curtailing his access to classified information.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]