- Guerrilla artists turn John Oliver billboard ad into right-wing meme Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild Tuesday 3:41 PM
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Tuesday 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Tuesday 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Tuesday 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Tuesday 11:09 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free Tuesday 11:08 AM
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre Tuesday 11:01 AM
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale Tuesday 10:43 AM
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why Tuesday 10:40 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Tuesday 10:23 AM
- Pose’s Indya Moore goes viral for arguing trans women have ‘biologically female’ penises Tuesday 10:21 AM
The Joint Staff/Flickr (Public Domain)
Nikki Haley unexpectedly announced on Tuesday her resignation as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations in a sit-down with President Donald Trump.
At the meeting was Ivanka Trump, who many have speculated the president will pick to replace her, as well as her husband, Jared Kushner. In her parting words, Haley took a moment out to praise Kushner.
She called him a “hidden genius no one understands,” for his work on Israel and the newly renegotiated U.S., Mexico, and Canada trade deal. The left-leaning Twitterati, which loves to mock Kushner for his obscenely wide policy role and unclear accomplishments, took issue with him being referred to that way.
Jared is such a hidden genius that it’s almost as if he’s not a genius at all. https://t.co/ePsEkR9HDQ
— Molly Jong☠️Fast (@MollyJongFast) October 9, 2018
“Hidden genius” who asked Russia for a private phone line to do treason https://t.co/sT9ssek3oC
— David Greenwald (@davidegreenwald) October 9, 2018
tfw you're a hidden genius that no one understand pic.twitter.com/4QQjEMwdTj
— Liz Charboneau (@lizchar) October 9, 2018
Nikki calls Jared a "hidden genius". Real hidden. So hidden you'd think it doesn't exist (it doesn't).
— SKIRT (@talktoskirt) October 9, 2018
People also noted that Haley might be cribbing language from one of Trump’s favorite phrases.
Hidden Genius, noted son-in-law of Stable Genius https://t.co/eTIgz70piU
— John Hendrickson (@JohnGHendy) October 9, 2018
Who knew there were these sub-species of genius?
— RC (@robertsjunk) October 9, 2018
It’s been speculated that Ivanka and Kushner would like to return to New York. If Trump chooses his daughter to replace Haley, it’s not clear whether Kushner would remain in his current roles as a senior adviser in the administration.
Kushner saw his role in Trump’s orbit diminish when he wasn’t able to pass a permanent background check, curtailing his access to classified information.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]