- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video 2 Months Ago
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
Far-right conspiracy theorist Jacob Wohl held a press conference along with wingman Jack Burkman in which Wohl claimed bombshell information about a sex scandal involving Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) would be released. It drew out a very small, unenthusiastic crowd of journalists.
According to Daily Beast reporter, Will Sommer, during Wohl’s conference–which was mostly drowned out by hecklers and a nearby car stereo system–Wohl made the claim that Warren’s alleged accuser, a 24-year-old former Marine named Kelvin Whelly, had a scar on his back from their tryst and even instructed him to take off his shirt so onlookers could see it. There was also talk about a lime green dildo purchased on Amazon.
I just watched a Jacob Wohl press conference that included talk of a lime green Dildo purchased on Amazon.— Molly Jong-Fast (@MollyJongFast) October 3, 2019
A journalist debunked the story within moments on Twitter, pointing out Whelly’s Instagram in which he claimed he got the scar in an accident completely unassociated with Warren.
“The patsy in Jacob Wohl’s latest sex smear says he got a scar from a sexcapade with Elizabeth Warren,” NBC News’ Brandy Zadronzny, wrote. “His Insta shows something else.”
The patsy in Jacob Wohl's latest sex smear says he got a scar from a sexcapade with Elizabeth Warren. His Insta shows something else. pic.twitter.com/fK5HPJT3HX— Brandy Zadrozny (@BrandyZadrozny) October 3, 2019
“Hit my back with with [SIC] a chain trying to take down a swing #lashes #bigback #xxx,” Whelly wrote on May 28, 2016, along with a photo of the “sex scar” when it was merely a fresh wound.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Ty Whelly (@ty99warrior) on
When confronted with the Instagram post during the conference, Whelly reportedly shrugged his shoulders.
The supposed “sex scar” from Jacob Wohl’s accuser is just from a chain from a swingset. Asked about this, the accuser just shrugged. https://t.co/vE0jqtzPGi— Will Sommer (@willsommer) October 3, 2019
Onlookers and those following the story from home quickly flocked to Twitter to mock Wohl and congratulate the hecklers responsible for making his press conference nearly impossible to hear.
“This #JAcobWohl shit is packed,” Twitter user @manda_writes wrote, along with a photo of the turnout for Wohl’s conference. No more than 15 people were seen in the picture.
Apparently, the lime green dildo discussed in the conference was also found.
We found Jacob Wohl’s lime green dildo. https://t.co/nTAYTh2xKc— Molly Jong-Fast (@MollyJongFast) October 3, 2019
“Jacob Wohl’s fake Warren sex scandal guy has a Vin Diesel XXX tattoo,” Twitter user @UweBollocks laughingly pointed out.
Jacob Wohl's fake Warren sex scandal guy has a Vin Diesel XXX tattoo I am fucking dying hahahaha https://t.co/P0wyUYKe96— Big Supernaturals (@UweBollocks) October 3, 2019
“Whoever is blaring Patsy Cline’s rendition of ‘Crazy’ to drown out #JacobWohl‘s rendition of crazy as he introduces this ‘marine,'”writer Holly Figueroa O’Reilly tweeted.
Comedian Kathy Griffin admitted to being far too excited about the conference and also shared an interesting theory about Whelly.
“I admit, I am way more excited about the Jack Burkman/#JacobWohl PRESSER than I should be,” she wrote. “Do they offer civilian ride alongs for these things? I’m pretty sure Senator Warren’s illicit, young marine lover is ALSO the whistleblower. It’s just a timesaver.”
I admit, I am way more excited about the Jack Burkman/#JacobWohl PRESSER than I should be. Do they offer civilian ride alongs for these things??? I'm pretty sure Senator Warren's illicit, young marine lover is ALSO the whistleblower. It's just a timesaver.— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) October 3, 2019
It’s also worth noting the entire conference took place in front of an “Elizabeth Warren Cougar?” sign. And though Warren did not directly address Wohl’s conference or accusations, she did confess to being a proud cougar.
“It’s always a good day to be reminded that I got where I am because a great education was available for $50 a semester at the University of Houston (go Cougars!),” Warren tweeted. “We need to cancel student debt and make college free for everyone who wants it.”
It's always a good day to be reminded that I got where I am because a great education was available for $50 a semester at the University of Houston (go Cougars!). We need to cancel student debt and make college free for everyone who wants it. pic.twitter.com/fHasLm0j9P— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) October 3, 2019
Warren The Cougar— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) October 3, 2019
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.