- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
- Trump at the start of Mueller investigation: ‘I’m f*cked’ Thursday 11:19 AM
- Joe Rogan’s podcast has a serious women problem Thursday 11:10 AM
- The best Mother’s Day gifts for every budget Thursday 11:04 AM
Ivanka Trump gears up for 2020 by following her dad’s opponents on Twitter
Her Twitter account recently followed Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris.
Ivanka Trump, an advisor to President Donald Trump as well as his daughter, has some new people she’s following on Twitter.
Trump recently followed two Twitter accounts associated with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and an account for Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), both of whom have announced they would be running for the Democratic nomination for president in 2020. The recent follows were first spotted by the Twitter bot @TrumpsAlert.
Warren announced her bid for the presidency just ahead of the new year, while Harris announced that she would run earlier this week.
If either senator were to win the nomination, they would square off against her father.
To be fair, Warren and Harris are not the only major Democratic figures the president’s daughter follows on Twitter.
Ivanka Trump also follows two accounts for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Hillary Clinton, who ran against her father in the 2016 presidential election. Sanders is currently contemplating a 2020 run.
She also follows several accounts of other Democratic lawmakers.
People can follow whomever they want on Twitter, so let’s not overthink this. But maybe she wants to keep an eye on the competition?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).