- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Tuesday 10:50 AM
Ivanka Trump gears up for 2020 by following her dad’s opponents on Twitter
Her Twitter account recently followed Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris.
Ivanka Trump, an advisor to President Donald Trump as well as his daughter, has some new people she’s following on Twitter.
Trump recently followed two Twitter accounts associated with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and an account for Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), both of whom have announced they would be running for the Democratic nomination for president in 2020. The recent follows were first spotted by the Twitter bot @TrumpsAlert.
Warren announced her bid for the presidency just ahead of the new year, while Harris announced that she would run earlier this week.
If either senator were to win the nomination, they would square off against her father.
To be fair, Warren and Harris are not the only major Democratic figures the president’s daughter follows on Twitter.
Ivanka Trump also follows two accounts for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Hillary Clinton, who ran against her father in the 2016 presidential election. Sanders is currently contemplating a 2020 run.
She also follows several accounts of other Democratic lawmakers.
People can follow whomever they want on Twitter, so let’s not overthink this. But maybe she wants to keep an eye on the competition?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).