- Queso recipe gets launched to space 1 Month Ago
- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up Today 8:28 AM
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Today 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Today 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Today 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
Ivanka Trump gears up for 2020 by following her dad’s opponents on Twitter
Her Twitter account recently followed Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris.
Ivanka Trump, an advisor to President Donald Trump as well as his daughter, has some new people she’s following on Twitter.
Trump recently followed two Twitter accounts associated with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and an account for Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), both of whom have announced they would be running for the Democratic nomination for president in 2020. The recent follows were first spotted by the Twitter bot @TrumpsAlert.
Warren announced her bid for the presidency just ahead of the new year, while Harris announced that she would run earlier this week.
If either senator were to win the nomination, they would square off against her father.
To be fair, Warren and Harris are not the only major Democratic figures the president’s daughter follows on Twitter.
Ivanka Trump also follows two accounts for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Hillary Clinton, who ran against her father in the 2016 presidential election. Sanders is currently contemplating a 2020 run.
She also follows several accounts of other Democratic lawmakers.
People can follow whomever they want on Twitter, so let’s not overthink this. But maybe she wants to keep an eye on the competition?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).