- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm 3 Weeks Ago
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Social networking site Ravelry bans all posts that are supportive of Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day? Sunday 1:02 PM
- Facebook co-founder warns against Libra, the company’s new cryptocurrency Sunday 12:04 PM
- Missing YouTuber Etika’s belongings found alongside bridge Sunday 9:16 AM
- What is #sayfie and why do Floridians use it so much? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch WWE Stomping Grounds for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Trump tweets nightmarish video of himself being president ‘4EVA’ Saturday 3:15 PM
- The internet cannot believe how this zoo conducts its ‘escaped lion drill’ Saturday 1:39 PM
- Spotify wants to take back money from ‘overpaid’ songwriters, publishers Saturday 12:35 PM
- Mac from ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ finally got to play catch with Chase Utley Saturday 11:23 AM
The Trumps joined their dad on his first official state visit to the United Kingdom this week. Some of them are still jaunting about Europe.
Ivanka Trump tweeted Wednesday morning that she is heading to the Netherlands. But, unlike most children bouncing around the continent on their parent’s dime, she’s not heading to Amsterdam.
She’s attending the Global Entrepreneurship Summit. The Hague is also home to the International Criminal Court, where the world’s most heinous dictators and mass murderers have stood trial for their crimes.
You can see where this is going.
“I have a feeling you’ll be tweeting this a lot in the future,” wrote Forbes science contributor Dennis Merserau. He wasn’t the only one to notice the obvious opening for a joke.
We did it! https://t.co/rx6ZKGyVBD
— Guy Endore-Kaiser (@GuyEndoreKaiser) June 5, 2019
— Dennis Mersereau (@wxdam) June 5, 2019
This is the perfect tweet. But I don't think she knows why. https://t.co/kCoOi8aQWE
— Douglas King (@douglascodes) June 5, 2019
Well, this one’s a layup. https://t.co/cc8aXKTiCN
— Charles P. Pierce (@CharlesPPierce) June 5, 2019
About time I guess. https://t.co/ifjedaqbfu
— Rick Waldron (@rwaldron) June 5, 2019
Don’t taunt us like that.
— Jana Lynne Sanchez (@janasanchez) June 5, 2019
Oh you tease.
— Emma Kennedy (@EmmaKennedy) June 5, 2019
Ivanka Trump has been criticized for her complicity in some of the administration’s highly criticized moments, staying silent through most of the past summer, when the Trump administration was separating migrant children from their families.
The U.S., however, has long refused to recognize the International Criminal Court’s authority, a policy both parties endorse.
- ‘Fox & Friends’ insists Ivanka Trump isn’t getting booed—as she gets booed
- Out-of-touch Ivanka Trump disses AOC’s ‘guaranteed minimum’
- Ivanka Trump gears up for 2020 by following her dad’s opponents on Twitter
- What can we learn from Ivanka Trump’s private email server?
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]