- NRA calls Beto O’Rourke ‘AR-15 salesman of the month’ in wake of buyback proposal 4 Months Ago
- After 23 deaths, Sean Bean is tired of getting killed on-screen 4 Months Ago
- Stephen Miller has a girlfriend—and people are stunned 4 Months Ago
- Mickey Rourke says Robert De Niro iced him out of ‘The Irishman’ Today 11:07 AM
- Conservative men are melting down over Elizabeth Warren’s speech Today 10:40 AM
- People are calling rapper Tekashi 69 a ‘snitch’ for outing gang members Today 10:16 AM
- Greta Thunberg tells Congress to ‘listen to the scientists’ about climate crisis Today 9:55 AM
- Maybe we should start taking Tom DeLonge seriously about UFOs Today 9:11 AM
- Get ready to argue about the alternate-history politics of HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ Today 8:53 AM
- Third instance of Justin Trudeau wearing racist makeup emerges after he apologized for first 2 Today 8:45 AM
- 6 must-watch college football games to stream this weekend Today 8:12 AM
- What is the Hinge dating app, and how does it work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Inside Bill’s Brain’ is nothing more than a Bill Gates infomercial Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! He hasn’t texted me back. Should I text him again? Today 6:00 AM
- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
The Trumps joined their dad on his first official state visit to the United Kingdom this week. Some of them are still jaunting about Europe.
Ivanka Trump tweeted Wednesday morning that she is heading to the Netherlands. But, unlike most children bouncing around the continent on their parent’s dime, she’s not heading to Amsterdam.
She’s attending the Global Entrepreneurship Summit. The Hague is also home to the International Criminal Court, where the world’s most heinous dictators and mass murderers have stood trial for their crimes.
You can see where this is going.
“I have a feeling you’ll be tweeting this a lot in the future,” wrote Forbes science contributor Dennis Merserau. He wasn’t the only one to notice the obvious opening for a joke.
We did it! https://t.co/rx6ZKGyVBD— Guy Endore-Kaiser (@GuyEndoreKaiser) June 5, 2019
This is the perfect tweet. But I don't think she knows why. https://t.co/kCoOi8aQWE— Douglas King (@douglascodes) June 5, 2019
Well, this one’s a layup. https://t.co/cc8aXKTiCN— Charles P. Pierce (@CharlesPPierce) June 5, 2019
About time I guess. https://t.co/ifjedaqbfu— Rick Waldron (@rwaldron) June 5, 2019
Don’t taunt us like that.— Jana Lynne Sanchez (@janasanchez) June 5, 2019
Oh you tease.— Emma Kennedy (@EmmaKennedy) June 5, 2019
Ivanka Trump has been criticized for her complicity in some of the administration’s highly criticized moments, staying silent through most of the past summer, when the Trump administration was separating migrant children from their families.
The U.S., however, has long refused to recognize the International Criminal Court’s authority, a policy both parties endorse.
- ‘Fox & Friends’ insists Ivanka Trump isn’t getting booed—as she gets booed
- Out-of-touch Ivanka Trump disses AOC’s ‘guaranteed minimum’
- Ivanka Trump gears up for 2020 by following her dad’s opponents on Twitter
- What can we learn from Ivanka Trump’s private email server?
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]