- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? 9 Months Ago
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee 9 Months Ago
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment Today 10:15 AM
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook Today 10:11 AM
- Uncanny ‘Back to the Future’ deepfake transports Tom Holland and Robert Downey, Jr. to 1985 Today 10:04 AM
- Everyone is doing the Renegade. Including the teen who started it Today 9:23 AM
- Reality Winner is asking for clemency—will she get it? Today 7:59 AM
- There’s a Baby Yoda mod for ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ Today 7:38 AM
- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
The Trumps joined their dad on his first official state visit to the United Kingdom this week. Some of them are still jaunting about Europe.
Ivanka Trump tweeted Wednesday morning that she is heading to the Netherlands. But, unlike most children bouncing around the continent on their parent’s dime, she’s not heading to Amsterdam.
She’s attending the Global Entrepreneurship Summit. The Hague is also home to the International Criminal Court, where the world’s most heinous dictators and mass murderers have stood trial for their crimes.
You can see where this is going.
“I have a feeling you’ll be tweeting this a lot in the future,” wrote Forbes science contributor Dennis Merserau. He wasn’t the only one to notice the obvious opening for a joke.
We did it! https://t.co/rx6ZKGyVBD— Guy Endore-Kaiser (@GuyEndoreKaiser) June 5, 2019
This is the perfect tweet. But I don't think she knows why. https://t.co/kCoOi8aQWE— Douglas King (@douglascodes) June 5, 2019
Well, this one’s a layup. https://t.co/cc8aXKTiCN— Charles P. Pierce (@CharlesPPierce) June 5, 2019
About time I guess. https://t.co/ifjedaqbfu— Rick Waldron (@rwaldron) June 5, 2019
Don’t taunt us like that.— Jana Lynne Sanchez (@janasanchez) June 5, 2019
Oh you tease.— Emma Kennedy (@EmmaKennedy) June 5, 2019
Ivanka Trump has been criticized for her complicity in some of the administration’s highly criticized moments, staying silent through most of the past summer, when the Trump administration was separating migrant children from their families.
The U.S., however, has long refused to recognize the International Criminal Court’s authority, a policy both parties endorse.
- ‘Fox & Friends’ insists Ivanka Trump isn’t getting booed—as she gets booed
- Out-of-touch Ivanka Trump disses AOC’s ‘guaranteed minimum’
- Ivanka Trump gears up for 2020 by following her dad’s opponents on Twitter
- What can we learn from Ivanka Trump’s private email server?
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]