- Daily Stormer founder to turn over personal, financial information in lawsuit Saturday 8:51 PM
- Ariana Grande’s ‘7 Rings’ courts controversy Saturday 6:19 PM
- Crowd of MAGA teens attempts to intimidate Native American protester Saturday 4:13 PM
- ‘Generously buttered noodles’ is the bizarre, wholesome meme you didn’t know you needed Saturday 2:07 PM
- All of Machinima’s YouTube videos are gone, stunning creators and fans (updated) Saturday 1:14 PM
- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression Saturday 12:24 PM
- How to watch Pacquiao vs. Broner online Saturday 9:00 AM
- What does IMO mean? Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Trigger Warning with Killer Mike’ digs into America’s wounds with a wink and a black flag Saturday 7:00 AM
- 12 must-see music documentaries on Netflix Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch Tigres vs. Cruz Azul online for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Arsenal vs. Chelsea online for free Saturday 5:21 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig online for free Saturday 5:07 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Sevilla online for free Saturday 4:48 AM
- Netflix says ‘Fortnite’ is more competition than HBO Friday 8:25 PM
Ivanka Trump savaged online for posting adorable photo of her hugging her son
The White House/Flickr (Public Domain)
On Sunday, Ivanka Trump posted to Twitter a cute photo of her hugging her son.
But in the current climate, with reports of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials ripping immigrant children from the arms of their parents to separate them indefinitely—and in 1,500 cases, to actually lose the children—the presidential daughter’s Twitter post was savaged immediately for being unfathomably tone-deaf.
And the reactions rolled in.
Isn't it the just the best to snuggle your little one — knowing exactly where they are, safe in your arms? It's the best. The BEST. Right, Ivanka? Right? https://t.co/X79r8aWInc
— Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) May 27, 2018
Now imagine, the Government ripping him from your arms and taking him away, maybe never to be held by you again.
— ERIK EKNES (@eeknes51) May 27, 2018
— essexonthepark (@essexonthepark) May 27, 2018
Lucky you get to spend a Sunday with your child… BUT #WhereAreTheMissingChildren ????
— Jeannie Marie (@jee808) May 27, 2018
Ivanka Trump is either extraordinarily cruel or astonishingly obtuse. Could she possibly be both? #WhereAreTheChildren
— Grace Millman (@MillmanGrace) May 27, 2018
Imagine the horror that in your most desperate moment:
•Armed men strip him from you as he cries
•Don’t tell you where they’re taking him
•Lose him to human traffickers
— Qasim Rashid, Esq. (@MuslimIQ) May 27, 2018
— Kasey Lynn (@DrKaseyLynn) May 27, 2018
How sweet. You actually get to hold your baby as he wasn't snatched from your arms and then lost by your father's policies.
— Letthemeatcake (@10000marblespls) May 27, 2018
— Ivanka Trump (@IvankaTrump) May 27, 2018
Josh Katzowitz is the Weekend Editor for the Daily Dot and covers the world of YouTube. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. He’s also a longtime sports writer, covering the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.