- ‘Zola’ is a surreal and wild tale of a road trip gone wrong 2 Months Ago
- Sebastian Gorka blocks pundit over Fleshlight joke Today 1:56 AM
- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
The House Judiciary Committee held another impeachment hearing on Monday to question the two lawyers from the House Intelligence Committee who led the initial hearings. The good folks at the pro-Trump, conspiratorial outlet InfoWars are trying to get a word in.
Correspondent Owen Shroyer hollered from the galley about the hearing as it began before getting forcibly removed.
“Americans are sick of your impeachment scam!” Shroyer yelled among other comments as he was escorted out. “Trump is innocent!”
"Americans are sick of your impeachment scam! Trump is innocent!" -- House Judiciary's impeachment hearing is immediately interrupted by a pro-Trump protester. pic.twitter.com/bbcguyKLFF— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) December 9, 2019
Shroyer parroted the popular Republican talking point that impeachment investigations are attempting to overturn the results of the election and called the head of the committee, Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.), treasonous.
“Jerry Nadler and the Democrat party are committing treason against this country, and you can kick me out, but he’s the one committing crimes. You are, Jerry Nadler,” Shroyer hollered. “You’re the one committing treason. America is done with this.”
Although it’s not clear if he was actually arrested (typically Capitol Police will issue fines for disruptions), people on Twitter cheered that Shroyer for “getting arrested” for standing up to impeachment.
InfoWars published an interview with Shroyer an hour after he had supposedly been “arrested and jailed for free speech.” Shroyer called for Democrats on the committee to be arrested and argued it’s really officials who are “disrupting Congress.”
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]