- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
After special counsel Robert Mueller and federal prosecutors filed separate memos Friday evening recommending sentences for Michael Cohen, it became increasingly apparent that President Donald Trump was the coded “Individual-1” referenced in other investigation documents revealed this week.
As Mashable reports, the court documents both from Mueller and prosecutors discuss “Individual-1” in regards to the investigation into Russian interference. The documents describe the person as having run an “ultimately successful campaign for President of the United States.”
I think we can NOW safely say that Individual-1 is Donald Trump, all. pic.twitter.com/y2vcKrLePV
— Chris Geidner (@chrisgeidner) December 7, 2018
The label made for an instant Twitter meme.
Individual 1 is having a tough day already.
— Charles P. Pierce (@CharlesPPierce) December 7, 2018
Later Friday evening, Trump added fuel to the meme fire with an oblivious tweet: “Totally clears the President,” he wrote. “Thank you!”
DO YOU KNOW WHO THIS INDIVIDUAL 1 GUY IS? pic.twitter.com/A6jys8AV00
— Vivian Vacca (@ViviVacca) December 7, 2018
The memes basically make themselves.
— Very Stable Genius (@annietheblank) December 7, 2018
— Jerry Saltz (@jerrysaltz) December 8, 2018
Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer, earlier this week pleaded guilty to lying to Congress regarding Trump’s plans to build a Trump Tower in Moscow. He’s also pleaded guilty to tax fraud and other financial violations.
- Michael Flynn’s redacted Russia investigation info is now Twitter’s favorite meme
- Trump gets trolled for calling his business ‘very legal & very cool’
- Trump retweets meme calling for prominent Democrats to be imprisoned
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.