- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Thursday 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Thursday 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Thursday 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Thursday 12:55 PM
After special counsel Robert Mueller and federal prosecutors filed separate memos Friday evening recommending sentences for Michael Cohen, it became increasingly apparent that President Donald Trump was the coded “Individual-1” referenced in other investigation documents revealed this week.
As Mashable reports, the court documents both from Mueller and prosecutors discuss “Individual-1” in regards to the investigation into Russian interference. The documents describe the person as having run an “ultimately successful campaign for President of the United States.”
I think we can NOW safely say that Individual-1 is Donald Trump, all. pic.twitter.com/y2vcKrLePV— Chris Geidner (@chrisgeidner) December 7, 2018
The label made for an instant Twitter meme.
Individual 1 is having a tough day already.— Charles P. Pierce (@CharlesPPierce) December 7, 2018
Later Friday evening, Trump added fuel to the meme fire with an oblivious tweet: “Totally clears the President,” he wrote. “Thank you!”
DO YOU KNOW WHO THIS INDIVIDUAL 1 GUY IS? pic.twitter.com/A6jys8AV00— Vivian Vacca (@ViviVacca) December 7, 2018
The memes basically make themselves.
Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer, earlier this week pleaded guilty to lying to Congress regarding Trump’s plans to build a Trump Tower in Moscow. He’s also pleaded guilty to tax fraud and other financial violations.
- Michael Flynn’s redacted Russia investigation info is now Twitter’s favorite meme
- Trump gets trolled for calling his business ‘very legal & very cool’
- Trump retweets meme calling for prominent Democrats to be imprisoned
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.