- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it 12 Months Ago
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation 12 Months Ago
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames 12 Months Ago
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Today 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Today 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Today 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Today 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Today 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Today 11:47 AM
- Biden says he won’t support federal legalization of marijuana Today 11:42 AM
- People can’t get enough of ‘Baby Yoda’ Today 11:41 AM
- ‘The Crown’ season 3 switches its cast but loses none of its intrigue Today 11:23 AM
- Protesters occupying Hong Kong university post last wishes to Twitter as police move in Today 11:19 AM
- Sara Lee navigates dirty Instagram comments after ‘SNL’ sketch Today 11:18 AM
- YouTuber David Dobrik says his monthly earnings dipped $273K after ‘adpocalypse’ Today 10:47 AM
After special counsel Robert Mueller and federal prosecutors filed separate memos Friday evening recommending sentences for Michael Cohen, it became increasingly apparent that President Donald Trump was the coded “Individual-1” referenced in other investigation documents revealed this week.
As Mashable reports, the court documents both from Mueller and prosecutors discuss “Individual-1” in regards to the investigation into Russian interference. The documents describe the person as having run an “ultimately successful campaign for President of the United States.”
I think we can NOW safely say that Individual-1 is Donald Trump, all. pic.twitter.com/y2vcKrLePV— Chris Geidner (@chrisgeidner) December 7, 2018
The label made for an instant Twitter meme.
Individual 1 is having a tough day already.— Charles P. Pierce (@CharlesPPierce) December 7, 2018
Later Friday evening, Trump added fuel to the meme fire with an oblivious tweet: “Totally clears the President,” he wrote. “Thank you!”
DO YOU KNOW WHO THIS INDIVIDUAL 1 GUY IS? pic.twitter.com/A6jys8AV00— Vivian Vacca (@ViviVacca) December 7, 2018
The memes basically make themselves.
Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer, earlier this week pleaded guilty to lying to Congress regarding Trump’s plans to build a Trump Tower in Moscow. He’s also pleaded guilty to tax fraud and other financial violations.
- Michael Flynn’s redacted Russia investigation info is now Twitter’s favorite meme
- Trump gets trolled for calling his business ‘very legal & very cool’
- Trump retweets meme calling for prominent Democrats to be imprisoned
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.