- Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her 2 Months Ago
- People are Googling Rihanna and their birthday in a Twitter challenge 2 Months Ago
- Here are all of the Fortnite earthquake cracks thus far Today 1:21 PM
- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners Today 12:36 PM
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ Today 12:24 PM
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative Today 12:15 PM
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Today 11:26 AM
- YouTube is fueling the rise in flat earth believers Today 11:04 AM
- Review: Crackdown 3 is not a world worth saving Today 11:00 AM
- Scathing privacy report calls Facebook a ‘digital gangster’ Today 10:50 AM
- 21 Savage goes deep on 21 Savage memes Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone is debating the number of towels you should own Today 10:47 AM
- How to unlock the Fortnite Prisoner stage 4 skin Today 10:45 AM
- Julian Assange reportedly nominated for Nobel Peace Prize Today 10:27 AM
- Major U.S. airlines will soon implement nonbinary gender options Today 10:21 AM
After special counsel Robert Mueller and federal prosecutors filed separate memos Friday evening recommending sentences for Michael Cohen, it became increasingly apparent that President Donald Trump was the coded “Individual-1” referenced in other investigation documents revealed this week.
As Mashable reports, the court documents both from Mueller and prosecutors discuss “Individual-1” in regards to the investigation into Russian interference. The documents describe the person as having run an “ultimately successful campaign for President of the United States.”
I think we can NOW safely say that Individual-1 is Donald Trump, all. pic.twitter.com/y2vcKrLePV
— Chris Geidner (@chrisgeidner) December 7, 2018
The label made for an instant Twitter meme.
Individual 1 is having a tough day already.
— Charles P. Pierce (@CharlesPPierce) December 7, 2018
Later Friday evening, Trump added fuel to the meme fire with an oblivious tweet: “Totally clears the President,” he wrote. “Thank you!”
DO YOU KNOW WHO THIS INDIVIDUAL 1 GUY IS? pic.twitter.com/A6jys8AV00
— Vivian Vacca (@ViviVacca) December 7, 2018
The memes basically make themselves.
— Very Stable Genius (@annietheblank) December 7, 2018
— Jerry Saltz (@jerrysaltz) December 8, 2018
Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer, earlier this week pleaded guilty to lying to Congress regarding Trump’s plans to build a Trump Tower in Moscow. He’s also pleaded guilty to tax fraud and other financial violations.
- Michael Flynn’s redacted Russia investigation info is now Twitter’s favorite meme
- Trump gets trolled for calling his business ‘very legal & very cool’
- Trump retweets meme calling for prominent Democrats to be imprisoned
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.