- Miss USA thought everyone spoke English—and the internet is not amused Thursday 8:02 PM
- Kanye’s Twitter tirade prompts apology from Drake Thursday 6:00 PM
- Listen to Pitbull cover Toto’s ‘Africa’ for the ‘Aquaman’ soundtrack—or don’t Thursday 4:55 PM
- Nancy Pelosi’s coat is the meme the resistance needed Thursday 4:39 PM
- Oprah says what was really on her mind while she ate bland chicken Thursday 4:00 PM
- Democrats predicted to go in on net neutrality when they take House Thursday 3:33 PM
- Holland Tunnel decorations are a real nightmare before Christmas Thursday 2:12 PM
- Amazon still won’t say whether ICE uses its facial recognition tech Thursday 1:13 PM
- Ninja to host Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:00 PM
- How to stream the NFL’s Week 15 for free Thursday 12:00 PM
- An undecorated room sets off a debate on Twitter Thursday 11:42 AM
- Netflix announces Taylor Swift ‘Reputation’ concert film Thursday 11:29 AM
- People are making memes out of these ‘leaked’ ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ posters Thursday 11:12 AM
- How to watch the Liga MX final between Club América and Cruz Azul online for free Thursday 10:38 AM
- Parents shocked by KKK costumes in school play Thursday 10:11 AM
The Senate Intelligence Committee determined that Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee leaked a top democrat’s confidential text messages to Fox News, sources close to the situation told the New York Times on Thursday.
According to the Times report, Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.), the top Democrat on the panel whose texts were leaked, and Sen. Richard M. Burr (R-N.C.) told House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) they were “perturbed” at the committee’s discovery of the leak.
The senators also reportedly expressed concern about the House Intelligence Committee and its chairman, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.). Last month, Nunes pushed for the publication of a controversial memo he authored alleging the Justice Department and FBI were intentionally misleading in their investigation into Russian meddling and connections to President Donald Trump’s campaign.
The leaked texts in question were between Warner and Adam Waldman, a lobbyist who runs a firm that worked with a Russian oligarch named Oleg Deripaska in 2009 and 2010. Warner had previously disclosed his communication with Waldman to the Senate Intelligence Committee, and his texts were reportedly in line with his duties.
Trump tweeted about the Fox News report—which the network called “exclusive”—on Warner’s texts earlier this month and said the senator’s communication with a Russian oligarch was “all tied into Crooked Hillary.”
Wow! -Senator Mark Warner got caught having extensive contact with a lobbyist for a Russian oligarch. Warner did not want a “paper trail” on a “private” meeting (in London) he requested with Steele of fraudulent Dossier fame. All tied into Crooked Hillary.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 9, 2018
H/T Huffington Post
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.