- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
Hacker exposes George W. Bush’s amazing self-portraits
Six email accounts either belonging or related to the Bush family were hacked, revealing correspondance dated from 2009-2012.
After gaining access to the personal email accounts of Dorothy Bush, George W. Bush’s sister, and several friends close to the Bush family, a hacker apparently obtained Bush family photos, cell phone numbers, security codes, information about George H.W. Bush’s health, a post-election email from Fox New’s Brit Hume, and, most amazingly, pictures of George W. Bush’s in-progress paintings, which are just as awkward and simple as you’d hope. All told, six accounts were hacked, including emails for Barbara Bush’s brother, family friend Willard Hemingway, and CBS sportscaster Jim Nantz, another friend of the family.
A large number of the stolen emails, which dated from 2009 to 2012, dealt with George H.W. Bush’s recent stay in the hospital. One email from Jeb Bush noted H.W.’s friendliness toward Bill Clinton, noting “how kind he was with President Clinton and he helped restore his sordid reputation. A very tough thing to do but with kindness, dad probably helped Bill Clinton than anything he himself has done.” He added, “Might be tough to say it that way in a eulogy with President 42 there.”
On December 26 of last year, George W. Bush emailed his siblings to say he was “thinking about eulogy” and to ask for advice: “since the feeling is that you all would rather me speak than bubba, please help.”
After the election in November, Brit Hume, sad faced Fox News political analyst, emailed Hemingway, writing, “Election outcome disappointing, but there are many silver linings.”
But the truly remarkable parts are the photos. The picture above is obviously excellent, but it’s nothing compared to George W. Bush’s attempts at painting, pictures of which he apparently emailed to his sister two months ago. The paintings, both self-portraits, are…well, just judge for yourself.
There are also pictures of the family with Ralph Lauren.
And Bubba himself.
But really, let’s just go back to those paintings. Here is the master, at work on a picture of a nearby church.
As for the hacker, Guccifier, he claims he’s not worried about the inevitable Secret Service investigation. “i have an old game with the fucking bastards inside, this is just another chapter in the game,” he told The Smoking Gun. He also said the “feds” started investigating him “a long time ago” and that he had hacked “hundreds of accounts.”