- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics 1 Month Ago
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Today 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Today 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Today 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Today 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Today 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Today 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
- How to watch ‘American Idol’ season 18 Saturday 2:00 PM
- James Blake defends girlfriend Jameela Jamil amid allegations she’s faking her illnesses Saturday 1:46 PM
- Viral video purports to show doctors with guns amid coronavirus outbreak Saturday 1:07 PM
- Russian YouTubers pretend to be Greta Thunberg, share alleged prank call with Bernie Sanders Saturday 11:07 AM
“The first overall pick in the World War 3 draft out of Kent State University goes to Kaitlin Bennett,” Twitter user @kcd134 wrote in a now-viral tweet.
THE FIRST OVERALL PICK IN THE WORLD WAR 3 DRAFT OUT OF KENT STATE UNIVERSITY GOES TO KAITLIN BENNETT pic.twitter.com/IXQ2kQiml1— Invisible Man (@kcd134) January 3, 2020
In a similarly viral tweet, another wrote, “finally it’s YOUR time to shine wya Solider?????????????”
finally it’s YOUR time to shine wya Solider????????????? https://t.co/nK5snL6GZB— tru (@itsstilltru) January 3, 2020
Many agreed, arguing that Bennett has finally found the chance to put all the guns she touts to use.
“She already has so much experience with guns! And she’s been trying so hard to prove her patriotism to everyone by running her mouth with empty platitudes. Now is her chance to shine!!!” Twitter user @SimonIsHott argued.
She already has so much experience with guns! And she’s been trying so hard to prove her patriotism to everyone by running her mouth with empty platitudes. Now is her chance to shine!!!— Simon 🐈🐆🐅 (@SimonIsHott) January 4, 2020
Exactly who we need in the frontlines pic.twitter.com/x9InWE0B45— *FREE hurtboy feat. pettyking type beat* (@FrossBite) January 3, 2020
Users are even flocking to her Twitter account and flooding her comments sections with similar sentiments.
“Ayy let’s go finally time to use ur gun skills,” Twitter user @B17Fortres wrote under one of Bennett’s latest posts.
Ayy let's go finally time to use ur gun skills— Diggs sideline touchdown (@B17Fortres) January 3, 2020
Hey babygirl we need you out on the front lines 💪🏻🇺🇸 bring your guns w ya, have fun in Iran!!!!— Natsu (@chonkynatsume) January 4, 2020
#gungirl 1st overall draft pick to iran— jenna 🦚 (@jennaguadagno) January 4, 2020
The gun-touting blonde stirred controversy back in 2018 for posing with an AR-10 at Kent State only months after graduating from the university. Her brazen actions won her a ton of support from the right and also helped her land a reporting job with the right-wing, conspiracy-peddling website InfoWars. Aside from spreading gun rights messages–like the argument that students should have the right to open-carry for self-defense on college campuses–Bennett has become a sensation for her anti-liberal videos on YouTube, which frequently attack feminists and Democrats.
“If you support the bump stock ban please block me. Infringements on your right to bear arms are also an infringement on your right to keep your property. Miss me with that ‘yOu DoNt NeEeD a BuMp StOcK aNyWaY’ pansy crap,” Bennett wrote on Instagram, alongside a photo of her carrying an automatic weapon.
Though many are dead-set on having Bennett prove that she is no pansy and is ready to take all her guns to the frontlines should a war break loose, she isn’t the only conservative Twitter users want to see first to the fight.
“I look forward to seeing Ben Shapiro and Dennis Prager fighting on the frontlines of the impending war with Iran,” Twitter user @LibertyHangout wrote.
I look forward to seeing Ben Shapiro and Dennis Prager fighting on the frontlines of the impending war with Iran— Liberty Hangout (@LibertyHangout) January 3, 2020
Tomi Lahren was another user’s “second draft pick.”
Second round pic.twitter.com/qnEPakMoUs— Trashman (@SenpaiDrizzy) January 4, 2020
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.