- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray 2 Years Ago
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
Gore made the comments in a climate change video he made with LADbible, an entertainment website, ahead of the release of his new film An Inconvenient Sequel: A Truth to Power.
When the interviewer asked Gore if he had “one piece of advice” for Trump, Gore didn’t mince words.
Almost immediately, Gore answered: “resign” and slowly shook his head up and down.
Most of the interview focuses on climate change—something Trump has repeatedly called into question. The president also announced that the United States intends to pull out of the landmark Paris Climate Accord, a global effort to reduce emissions.
“We’ve never had a president who’s deliberately made decisions the effect of which is to tear down America’s standing in the world,” Gore said.
Gore visited Trump shortly after the election to discuss climate change, but last month told Late Night host Stephen Colbert that he had soured on the president’s ability to combat climate change.
“I went to Trump Tower after the election,” Gore said. “I thought that there was a chance he would come to his senses. But I was wrong.”
This isn’t the only pointed statement Gore has made in recent months. In July, Gore joined several prominent Democrats and called for a single-payer healthcare system, a system where taxes pay for people’s basic healthcare costs.
You can watch all of Gore’s interview with LADbible here:
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).