- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ 2 Years Ago
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ 2 Years Ago
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme 2 Years Ago
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Today 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Today 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Today 10:32 AM
- Trump adds Jeffrey Epstein’s old attorney to impeachment team Today 10:03 AM
- YouTube star Cameron Dallas gets scathing reviews for his Broadway debut Today 9:58 AM
- How to watch ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ season 10 Today 9:55 AM
- George Lucas met Baby Yoda, and we can’t handle it Today 8:45 AM
- Apple TV+’s ‘Little America’ shines a light on immigrant stories Today 8:00 AM
- Eminem drops surprise album—and Ariana Grande fans are furious Today 7:53 AM
- The first photos from the Discworld TV series are not what you’d expect Today 7:33 AM
- Vox Day, ‘alt-right’ racist, is absolutely thriving online Today 7:30 AM
- Why women are getting mysterious greeting cards from ‘Jenny B.’ Today 6:22 AM
Gore made the comments in a climate change video he made with LADbible, an entertainment website, ahead of the release of his new film An Inconvenient Sequel: A Truth to Power.
When the interviewer asked Gore if he had “one piece of advice” for Trump, Gore didn’t mince words.
Almost immediately, Gore answered: “resign” and slowly shook his head up and down.
Most of the interview focuses on climate change—something Trump has repeatedly called into question. The president also announced that the United States intends to pull out of the landmark Paris Climate Accord, a global effort to reduce emissions.
“We’ve never had a president who’s deliberately made decisions the effect of which is to tear down America’s standing in the world,” Gore said.
Gore visited Trump shortly after the election to discuss climate change, but last month told Late Night host Stephen Colbert that he had soured on the president’s ability to combat climate change.
“I went to Trump Tower after the election,” Gore said. “I thought that there was a chance he would come to his senses. But I was wrong.”
This isn’t the only pointed statement Gore has made in recent months. In July, Gore joined several prominent Democrats and called for a single-payer healthcare system, a system where taxes pay for people’s basic healthcare costs.
You can watch all of Gore’s interview with LADbible here:
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).