- Devin Nunes’ lawsuit with Twitter over parody accounts inspires more parody accounts Tuesday 7:53 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez posts SpongeBob meme to diss Green New Deal adversaries Tuesday 7:23 PM
- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take Tuesday 6:16 PM
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Tuesday 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Tuesday 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Tuesday 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Tuesday 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Tuesday 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Tuesday 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Tuesday 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Tuesday 12:22 PM
The dispute with the shooter is believed to be ‘ongoing.’
George Zimmerman was involved in a shooting incident in Lake Mary, Fla., a suburb just north of Orlando, according to local reports.
Authorities say Zimmerman, the 31-year-old famously acquitted in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, suffered minor injuries to his face related to gunshots fired during a road rage incident.
A photograph tweeted by WESH appeared to show a bullet hole in the back a black pickup that Zimmerman was reportedly in. An eyewitness told reporters that Zimmerman “walked normally into the ambulance, so he wasn’t being helped or nothing.”
Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell told WESH the shooting may be the product of an “ongoing dispute” between Zimmerman and another individual.
Zimmerman has had several run-ins with the law since he was acquitted of second-degree murder in July 2013. He faced allegations of domestic abuse that November, after his girlfriend called the police and said he was refusing to leave her home and had pointed a shotgun at her.
In September, Zimmerman was involved in another road rage incident, during which he reportedly threatened someone’s life. The other driver declined to press charges.
Update 3:07pm CT, May 11: Contrary to early reports, Zimmerman’s wounds were not caused by a direct shot to the face. Don West, Zimmerman’s attorney, told local news station WFTV that the bullet missed Zimmerman’s head. “I think it broke a window and lodged in his vehicle,” said West.
The headline and article have been updated to reflect the new information.
H/T WESH | Illustration by Max Fleishman
Dell Cameron was a reporter at the Daily Dot who covered security and politics. In 2015, he revealed the existence of an American hacker on the U.S. government's terrorist watchlist. He is a co-author of the Sabu Files, an award-nominated investigation into the FBI's use of cyber-informants. He became a staff writer at Gizmodo in 2017.