Fox News host Eric Bolling has been accused of sending lewd text messages to three of his Fox colleagues, according to a report by the Huffington Post.
Bolling’s attorney Michael J. Bowe has denied the accusations, telling the Huffington Post, “Mr. Bolling recalls no such inappropriate communications, does not believe he sent any such communications, and will vigorously pursue his legal remedies for any false and defamatory accusations that are made.”
It’s yet another sexual harassment accusation made against a Fox News personality. The channel dropped star Bill O’Reilly earlier this year after it was reported that he had made $13 million in settlement payments over past allegations. Sexual harassment also led to the firing of Fox News CEO Roger Ailes last year after Gretchen Carlson and others accused him of sexual harassment. Other allegations against another Fox News executive led to the network paying out millions of dollars in settlements.
Sean Hannity, currently Fox News’ biggest star, also has been accused by a former guest and conservative pundit of being inappropriate. Earlier this month, Fox Business host Charles Payne was suspended as the network investigates sexual harassment allegations against him.
The women who allegedly received Bolling’s unsolicited messages said it was “deeply upsetting and offensive.” One said she replied to Bolling and told him to never send her photos again—he apparently didn’t respond back.
Bolling has had a history of making misogynistic comments on air. Three years ago, Boling wondered on The Five if the first woman to fly in the United Arab Emirates’ Air Force who had led air strikes against ISIS should be referred to as “boobs on the ground or no?” He’s also said men are better leaders than women, and he’s called girls playing football part of the “wussification of American men.”
He also once tweeted this at Anthony Weiner, who’s had his own issues with sending unsolicited dick pics.
@anthonyweiner Dude..you lost your fight.. do me a favor before we go, … text us if you want a fair & balanced intv **NO SEFIES PLEASE**— 🇺🇸ERIC BOLLING🇺🇸 (@ericbolling) September 22, 2014
In response to the Huffington Post report, a Fox spokesperson said, “We were just informed of this and plan to investigate the matter.”
Update 2:45pm CT: According to the Huffington Post, Bolling has been suspended.
Breaking: Per Fox News Spokesperson, Eric Bolling has been suspended. An investigation will be conducted by law firm Paul Weiss. https://t.co/CvQmYzfU4O— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) August 5, 2017
Update 9:48am CT, Aug. 7: Bolling on Monday responded for the first time to the allegations, thanking his supporters and seemingly denying the allegations against him.
Overwhelmed by all the support I have received. Thank you— 🇺🇸ERIC BOLLING🇺🇸 (@ericbolling) August 7, 2017
I look forward to clearing my name asap