- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
Flynn reportedly met with FBI last year and didn’t tell Trump
A lot has happened since then.
Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn reportedly met with FBI investigators probing his communication with Russian officials without the knowledge of President Donald Trump or other members of his administration.
NBC News reports that Flynn spoke with the FBI investigators on Jan. 24, 2016 without a lawyer in his West Wing office. Trump was unaware of the meeting until two days later.
“No one knew that any of this was happening,” a White House official told the news outlet.
Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe reportedly set up the meeting. McCabe has come under fire from Trump several times in recent weeks. Attorney General Jeff Sessions also reportedly told newly-appointed FBI Director Christopher Wray to get a “fresh start” by replacing McCabe.
White House counsel Don McGahn was the first to learn of Flynn’s meeting with the FBI when former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates told him the national security adviser had lied to Vice President Mike Pence about his conversations with a Russian ambassador and that Flynn could be susceptible to Russian blackmail.
Flynn was fired as national security adviser after 24 days on the job, 20 days after the interview.
Late last year, Flynn pled guilty to lying to the FBI about his communication with Russian officials as part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller‘s sprawling probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election.
The former national security adviser is reportedly working with Mueller’s team.
You can read all of NBC News’ report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).