- Reddit AITA: Man verbally abused partner through cat impersonations Monday 7:18 PM
- Facebook finally lets you kill distracting navigation bar notifications Monday 6:14 PM
- Artist says Thinx underwear campaign ripped off their memes (updated) Monday 5:48 PM
- Google reportedly gathering millions of Americans’ personal health records Monday 5:00 PM
- Trina goes off on Walmart shopper who allegedly called her the ‘N-word’ Monday 4:14 PM
- Bored of Helvetica? iOS users finally have some new font options Monday 4:00 PM
- Amid panic, YouTube says new terms of service won’t impact creators Monday 3:56 PM
- Opposing sides fight to control online narrative over Bolivian ‘coup’ Monday 3:50 PM
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle Monday 3:35 PM
- Instagram covers video costs for celebs who don’t get political Monday 3:30 PM
- T.I.’s daughter apparently unfollowed her dad on Instagram after hymen comment Monday 3:26 PM
- Meet ByteDance, the Chinese tech company behind TikTok Monday 3:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about investing app Robinhood Monday 2:44 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Seahawks on Monday Night Football Monday 1:43 PM
- Cops cuff Black man for eating sandwich on subway platform Monday 1:29 PM
As protests continue, 2 FBI agents have been shot near Ferguson
Whether the incident was linked to the Ferguson riots is unclear.
Two FBI agents were shot in St. Louis, Mo. on Tuesday night, as protests continued in nearby Ferguson after a grand jury’s decision not to indict police officer Darren Wilson for the fatal shooting of unarmed teenager Michael Brown.
The two officers sustained non-life-threatening gunshot wounds while investigating a siege at a St. Louis resident’s home. The suspect was reportedly a 33-year-old man.
Michael Brown’s death in Ferguson in August at the hands of Officer Darren Wilson sparked months of civil unrest and protests, and a decision on Monday by a St. Louis grand jury not to indict Wilson has sparked violent protests, looting, and arson. Police have teargassed protesters and journalists alike, and at least one man has been “shot dead” in as-yet-uncertain circumstances.
It’s unclear whether the late Tuesday night shooting of the two FBI agents is directly connected to the events in Ferguson, though the second night’s protests were more peaceful that the riots that broke on the first night.
Rob Price is a technology and politics reporter who served as the U.K.-based morning editor for the Daily Dot until 2014. He now works as the news editor for Business Insider, and his work has appeared in Vice, Slate, the Washington Post, and the Independent.