- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
- Influencer called out for ‘troubling image’ with Kenyan child Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Tuesday 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Tuesday 10:06 AM
Cop tries to tackle topless FEMEN protester, falls into a wall
This gives new meaning to ‘NSFW.’
Warning: This article contains images that are NSFW.
So, this happened:
Let’s get a better look, shall we?
In the off chance you’re reading this for reasons other than wanting to watch a cop fall on his face or, you know, boobs: This shining example of police work comes courtesy of the Compagnies Républicaines de Sécurité, the riot officers of the French National Police.
The topless women running down the street are members of FEMEN (NSFW link), a feminist activism organization, originally from the Ukraine, that fights against religious oppression, sex tourism, gender discrimination, and homophobia, among other grievances, but are best known on the Internet for their lack of clothing.
Police reportedly arrested at least 25 FEMEN protesters this weekend during a rally in support of fellow FEMEN member Iana Zhdanova, who was convicted for “sexual exhibitionism” in a French court on Oct. 15 for stabbing a wax statue of Russian President Vladimir Putin with a wooden stake while topless, with the words “Kill Putin” painted across her breasts.
A judge ordered 26-year-old Zhdanova to pay a €1,500 (about $1,900) fine. Zhdanova’s attorney, Marie Dose, says she plans to appeal. Until that happens, we’ll just be here, watching this GIF.
Photo via FEMEN/Wikipedia (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Andrew Couts is the former editor of Layer 8, a section dedicated to the intersection of the Internet and the state—and the gaps in between. Prior to the Daily Dot, Couts served as features editor and features writer for Digital Trends, associate editor of TheWeek.com, and associate editor at Maxim magazine. When he’s not working, Couts can be found hiking with his German shepherds or blasting around on motorcycles.