- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member 5 Years Ago
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Today 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Today 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Today 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Today 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Today 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Today 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Today 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Today 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Today 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Today 12:55 PM
- NRA calls Beto O’Rourke ‘AR-15 salesman of the month’ in wake of buyback proposal Today 12:03 PM
- After 23 deaths, Sean Bean is tired of getting killed on-screen Today 11:48 AM
- Stephen Miller has a girlfriend—and people are stunned Today 11:35 AM
- Mickey Rourke says Robert De Niro iced him out of ‘The Irishman’ Today 11:07 AM
Cop tries to tackle topless FEMEN protester, falls into a wall
This gives new meaning to ‘NSFW.’
Warning: This article contains images that are NSFW.
So, this happened:
Let’s get a better look, shall we?
In the off chance you’re reading this for reasons other than wanting to watch a cop fall on his face or, you know, boobs: This shining example of police work comes courtesy of the Compagnies Républicaines de Sécurité, the riot officers of the French National Police.
The topless women running down the street are members of FEMEN (NSFW link), a feminist activism organization, originally from the Ukraine, that fights against religious oppression, sex tourism, gender discrimination, and homophobia, among other grievances, but are best known on the Internet for their lack of clothing.
Police reportedly arrested at least 25 FEMEN protesters this weekend during a rally in support of fellow FEMEN member Iana Zhdanova, who was convicted for “sexual exhibitionism” in a French court on Oct. 15 for stabbing a wax statue of Russian President Vladimir Putin with a wooden stake while topless, with the words “Kill Putin” painted across her breasts.
A judge ordered 26-year-old Zhdanova to pay a €1,500 (about $1,900) fine. Zhdanova’s attorney, Marie Dose, says she plans to appeal. Until that happens, we’ll just be here, watching this GIF.
Photo via FEMEN/Wikipedia (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Andrew Couts is the former editor of Layer 8, a section dedicated to the intersection of the Internet and the state—and the gaps in between. Prior to the Daily Dot, Couts served as features editor and features writer for Digital Trends, associate editor of TheWeek.com, and associate editor at Maxim magazine. When he’s not working, Couts can be found hiking with his German shepherds or blasting around on motorcycles.