- Twitch streamer’s mom, roommate get into brawl during live broadcast Thursday 8:41 PM
- Top NFL draft pick Nick Bosa scrubs racist, homophobic social media activity Thursday 8:18 PM
- Jared Kushner’s ‘comprehensive immigration plan’ is just 2 bullet points Thursday 8:16 PM
- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Thursday 10:15 AM
This gives new meaning to ‘NSFW.’
Warning: This article contains images that are NSFW.
So, this happened:
Let’s get a better look, shall we?
In the off chance you’re reading this for reasons other than wanting to watch a cop fall on his face or, you know, boobs: This shining example of police work comes courtesy of the Compagnies Républicaines de Sécurité, the riot officers of the French National Police.
The topless women running down the street are members of FEMEN (NSFW link), a feminist activism organization, originally from the Ukraine, that fights against religious oppression, sex tourism, gender discrimination, and homophobia, among other grievances, but are best known on the Internet for their lack of clothing.
Police reportedly arrested at least 25 FEMEN protesters this weekend during a rally in support of fellow FEMEN member Iana Zhdanova, who was convicted for “sexual exhibitionism” in a French court on Oct. 15 for stabbing a wax statue of Russian President Vladimir Putin with a wooden stake while topless, with the words “Kill Putin” painted across her breasts.
A judge ordered 26-year-old Zhdanova to pay a €1,500 (about $1,900) fine. Zhdanova’s attorney, Marie Dose, says she plans to appeal. Until that happens, we’ll just be here, watching this GIF.
Photo via FEMEN/Wikipedia (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Andrew Couts is the former editor of Layer 8, a section dedicated to the intersection of the Internet and the state—and the gaps in between. Prior to the Daily Dot, Couts served as features editor and features writer for Digital Trends, associate editor of TheWeek.com, and associate editor at Maxim magazine. When he’s not working, Couts can be found hiking with his German shepherds or blasting around on motorcycles.