- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
The FBI said there was no evidence China hacked Clinton’s emails.
The agency said there was no evidence to the claims made by the president in a statement to NBC News.
“The FBI has not found any evidence the (Clinton) servers were compromised,” an agency official told the news outlet.
The official also referenced a Justice Department Inspector General report that said it was “possible” Clinton’s email server was accessed, but there was no evidence the server had been compromised.
As the news outlet points out, an FBI forensics agent said he was “fairly confident” there was not any intrusion on Clinton’s servers.
Late Tuesday, Trump tweeted about China hacking Clinton’s email server, adding that the FBI and Department of Justice needed to investigate it or risk having their credibility “be forever gone.”
The president said the issue was a “very big story.”
Hillary Clinton’s Emails, many of which are Classified Information, got hacked by China. Next move better be by the FBI & DOJ or, after all of their other missteps (Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Ohr, FISA, Dirty Dossier etc.), their credibility will be forever gone!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 29, 2018
The president’s tweets came after the Daily Caller, a conservative website, published a story where sources told them Clinton’s emails were read by a Chinese-owned company by using a code.
The story said the former secretary of state’s emails could be read in real time.
Fox News host Laura Ingraham also spoke about the story on Tuesday night, and it is getting pushed around conservative media.
You can read all of the NBC News report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).