- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Saturday 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Saturday 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Saturday 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Saturday 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Saturday 6:30 AM
The agency said there was no evidence to the claims made by the president in a statement to NBC News.
“The FBI has not found any evidence the (Clinton) servers were compromised,” an agency official told the news outlet.
The official also referenced a Justice Department Inspector General report that said it was “possible” Clinton’s email server was accessed, but there was no evidence the server had been compromised.
As the news outlet points out, an FBI forensics agent said he was “fairly confident” there was not any intrusion on Clinton’s servers.
Late Tuesday, Trump tweeted about China hacking Clinton’s email server, adding that the FBI and Department of Justice needed to investigate it or risk having their credibility “be forever gone.”
The president said the issue was a “very big story.”
Hillary Clinton’s Emails, many of which are Classified Information, got hacked by China. Next move better be by the FBI & DOJ or, after all of their other missteps (Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Ohr, FISA, Dirty Dossier etc.), their credibility will be forever gone!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 29, 2018
The president’s tweets came after the Daily Caller, a conservative website, published a story where sources told them Clinton’s emails were read by a Chinese-owned company by using a code.
The story said the former secretary of state’s emails could be read in real time.
Fox News host Laura Ingraham also spoke about the story on Tuesday night, and it is getting pushed around conservative media.
You can read all of the NBC News report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).