- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Today 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Today 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Today 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Today 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Today 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Today 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Today 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Today 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
The FBI said there was no evidence China hacked Clinton’s emails.
The agency said there was no evidence to the claims made by the president in a statement to NBC News.
“The FBI has not found any evidence the (Clinton) servers were compromised,” an agency official told the news outlet.
The official also referenced a Justice Department Inspector General report that said it was “possible” Clinton’s email server was accessed, but there was no evidence the server had been compromised.
As the news outlet points out, an FBI forensics agent said he was “fairly confident” there was not any intrusion on Clinton’s servers.
Late Tuesday, Trump tweeted about China hacking Clinton’s email server, adding that the FBI and Department of Justice needed to investigate it or risk having their credibility “be forever gone.”
The president said the issue was a “very big story.”
Hillary Clinton’s Emails, many of which are Classified Information, got hacked by China. Next move better be by the FBI & DOJ or, after all of their other missteps (Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Ohr, FISA, Dirty Dossier etc.), their credibility will be forever gone!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 29, 2018
The president’s tweets came after the Daily Caller, a conservative website, published a story where sources told them Clinton’s emails were read by a Chinese-owned company by using a code.
The story said the former secretary of state’s emails could be read in real time.
Fox News host Laura Ingraham also spoke about the story on Tuesday night, and it is getting pushed around conservative media.
You can read all of the NBC News report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).