- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds 3 Years Ago
- Despite changes, the YouTube 2019 Rewind video is still massively disliked 3 Years Ago
- ‘Home for Christmas’ brings a needed sharp edge to Christmas rom-com season 3 Years Ago
- Joe Biden seemingly called a voter ‘fat’—but his campaign denies it Today 9:30 AM
- The decade in internet scamming Today 9:00 AM
- Bernie Sanders unveils ‘high-speed internet for all’ plan Today 8:59 AM
- Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark’ scores with Christmas-themed ‘A Nasty Piece of Work’ Today 6:00 AM
- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
Facebook employees will undergo mandatory political bias training
This comes after complaints that Facebook was suppressing conservative content.
These claims subsequently led to a meeting between founder Mark Zuckerberg and leading conservatives in May. During their meeting, Zuckerberg emphasized how important conservative and Republicans were to Facebook.
“The Facebook community includes more than 1.6 billion people of every background and ideology—from liberal to conservative and everything in between,” Zuckerberg wrote in a post before the meeting.
Regardless of Zuckerberg’s claims, however, the company says they are still taking steps to address these concerns.
“We think a lot about diversity at Facebook,” Sandberg said to American Enterprise Institute President Arthur Brooks during her address at the Wednesday event. “And we have a managing-bias class that all of our leaders and a lot of our employees have taken that I was part of helping to create, and we’ve focused on racial bias, age bias, gender bias, national bias, and we’re going to add in a scenario now on political bias.”
Sandberg continued: “We don’t have a point of view, we’re not trying to make you have a point of view.”
According to The Hill, all training in question is mandatory for Facebook employees.
Alexandra Samuels is a political reporter at the Texas Tribune and contributor to the Daily Dot, where she started as an intern covering politics in the summer of 2016. She enjoys Marvel movies, baking, and reading murder-mystery novels.