- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes 10 Months Ago
- Democrats want to ban use of facial recognition in public housing 10 Months Ago
- In America’s meme war, the left and right are fighting different battles Today 8:10 AM
- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU Today 7:18 AM
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ online Today 7:00 AM
- Controversial Instagram influencer plans event called ‘The Scam’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to clear your search history on Instagram Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
Eric Trump’s failed attempt to keep Stormy Daniels silent captivates Twitter
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
People were surprised to see Eric Trump was trending.
President Donald Trump was personally involved in trying to stop Stormy Daniels, the adult film star who says she had an affair with the president, from discussing their relationship publicly and asked his longtime lawyer Michael Cohen to work with his son Eric Trump to help, according to a new report.
The president called Cohen to try and get a restraining order against Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, and work with Eric Trump and another outside lawyer, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday. The president’s son also reportedly asked a Trump Organization attorney to sign off on arbitration paperwork.
Eric Trump’s direct involvement with the Daniels matter has not been previously reported, the newspaper points out, and shows that the president continues to be involved with his company—which his sons have taken over since the 2016 election.
Cohen recently pled guilty to eight different felony charges and, as part of his deal with the government, said the president was aware of and ordered him to make a $130,000 hush money payment to Daniels ahead of the presidential election. Meanwhile, Daniels has made waves online after making some less-than-flattering comments about the now-president in her book Full Disclosure.
Eric Trump :— Gord Macey (@GordMacey) October 2, 2018
'My dad gave me something to do!' - Eric Trump pic.twitter.com/uODA7BbNkV— Jeremy Newberger (@jeremynewberger) October 2, 2018
Directing Eric Trump to do anything could be quite a challenge. pic.twitter.com/AltElzpDPF— The Right is Wrong🌊 (@therightswrong) October 2, 2018
Eric Trump got his very own little project from daddy! What a big boy!— Kyle R (@lefthandturn80) October 2, 2018
When you see the name @EricTrump trending you know it's not because he won a Noble Prize for physics.— (((DeanObeidallah))) (@DeanObeidallah) October 2, 2018
Eric Trump needed a new scandal, his brother was too far ahead of him https://t.co/GFjq3fBuT6— Andrew Prokop (@awprokop) October 2, 2018
Eric Trump: I’m finally twendinging on Twitter "Trump Org" pic.twitter.com/TvtIU0NYRh— Medium Rare (@StickAForkInYou) October 2, 2018
I think I know why #EricTrump ‘s mission failed: it was headed by Eric Trump— Noah Niedzolkowski (@NNiedzolkowski) October 2, 2018
Me clicking to find out why "Eric Trump" is trending. pic.twitter.com/sQf3xRCGsv— ChrisBoeskool (@TheBoeskool) October 2, 2018
You can read all of the Wall Street Journal‘s report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).