- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery 1 Month Ago
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Today 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Today 1:16 PM
- Don’t want a Fitbit? These step tracker apps got you covered Today 12:51 PM
- Protesters sing ‘Baby Shark’ to soothe frightened toddler Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Babu Frik, the adorable, teeny mechanic from ‘Rise of Skywalker’? Today 12:36 PM
- Senators push for social media data portability Today 12:11 PM
- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world Today 11:34 AM
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah Today 11:12 AM
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers Today 11:02 AM
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
- What is going on with C-3PO in the final trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 10:04 AM
- Amazon’s facial recognition misidentified Boston athletes as criminals Today 9:08 AM
- Trump sparks outrage by calling impeachment ‘lynching’ Today 8:58 AM
- Rose Tico returns in the final ‘Rise of Skywalker’ trailer Today 8:44 AM
On Monday, Elizabeth Warren delivered what some are considering a cornerstone speech of her campaign for the Democratic nomination.
Speaking to 20,000 in New York City’s Washington Square Park, Warren spoke about of corporate greed and government corruption, a message to rally behind as she continues to rise in the polls.
She also took a moment, as a woman, to shout out women, saying “We are not here because of men at all.”
It was a nice line, nodding to the importance and accomplishments of women given that, you know, she is a woman.
And three days later, far-right men have found the clip and are upset.
Their argument? Men exist, why didn’t Warren say men exist, won’t someone please say men exist???
Would you love a fact-check of Warren’s quips from all the guys of the far-right?
Like that men do sex to make babies and you can’t make babies without men.
Actually every one of you have a father. And I bet men built that stage, as well as that monument behind you. I bet men are running the audio from that microphone and a man is most likely standing behind that camera. Men most likely were the Uber drivers that got you there.— Keston Novak 🇺🇸 (@kestonnovak) September 19, 2019
Hey Liz, I hate to mansplain given the context, but I just wanted to point out that it does indeed take 2 to tango 🤷♂️🤷♀️— Frost Fangs (@frostfangs2) September 18, 2019
Or the fact that men, like women, vote.
Does she know she is not running for President of the HOA? https://t.co/8uLebDYsud— alexandriabrown (@alexthechick) September 19, 2019
If you want to alienate half the voters this is how you do it. https://t.co/mNIfRNXohm— Brandon Gooding (@begooding42) September 19, 2019
If i’m not mistaken, in order to have a child, a MAN and a women need to be involved. Soooo, were all here because of both men and women. Why even bother saying stuff like that? https://t.co/9cJ2Q6ZFhV— Tony Montana (@ASirPillow21) September 19, 2019
Or that it’s mean to hate men.
Did you know that Manhattan, the island, was bought by a man?
The arch in Washington Square Park in NYC she spoke under was built by a man named Stanford White and features a statue of George Washington carved into it. https://t.co/z5ym3mxk8G— Stephen Miller (@redsteeze) September 19, 2019
Also a man named Peter Minuit purchased Manhattan island but that one probably hits a bit too close to home for her.— Stephen Miller (@redsteeze) September 19, 2019
It really does take a man to handle a light ribbing like this with such impressive tantrums.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]