- Republicans are still angry over a Barron Trump impeachment joke 3 Weeks Ago
- Pelosi calls for House to proceed with impeachment against Trump 3 Weeks Ago
- Justin Timberlake posts apology amid cheating rumor Today 7:51 AM
- ‘The Expanse’ makes a triumphant return with season 4 Today 6:30 AM
- ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ is a disappointing sequel Today 5:00 AM
- Spanish ‘Big Brother’ contestant forced to watch footage of her own alleged sexual assault Today 12:35 AM
- There’s a lot you can say during sex and also while at Disney World Wednesday 9:34 PM
- Peloton shows 3 positive emails and a Facebook post to prove its ad wasn’t cringe Wednesday 8:23 PM
- Bhad Bhabie accused of cultural appropriation, then criticized Black women with her defense Wednesday 7:23 PM
- Pinterest, the Knot called out for glamorizing plantation weddings (updated) Wednesday 6:55 PM
- Subreddit dedicated to dunking on ‘Game of Thrones’ 2019’s most popular TV subreddit Wednesday 6:25 PM
- Jason Derulo is pissed Instagram deleted his risqué bulge photo Wednesday 5:50 PM
- Instagram taking steps to ensure users are over 13 years old Wednesday 5:16 PM
- ‘Trayvon Hoax’ screening canceled after George Zimmerman files lawsuit Wednesday 5:06 PM
- Mailchimp sued for allegedly facilitating sex trafficking Wednesday 3:51 PM
“Will be meeting with representatives of the Vaping industry, together with medical professionals and individual state representatives, to come up with an acceptable solution to the Vaping and E-cigarette dilemma. Children’s health & safety, together with jobs, will be a focus!” the president tweeted on Monday morning.
Will be meeting with representatives of the Vaping industry, together with medical professionals and individual state representatives, to come up with an acceptable solution to the Vaping and E-cigarette dilemma. Children’s health & safety, together with jobs, will be a focus!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 11, 2019
In September, the Trump administration announced that it was working on a policy that would ban the sale of all non-tobacco flavored e-cigarettes, including menthol.
However, amid intense pushback from vapers (and some conservatives circulating data about how such a ban might impact him in the 2020 election), it was reported that the administration was considering a flavor ban that would not include menthol.
A few days ago, the president told reporters that his administration planned to raise the age to legally buy vaping products to 21 and that some announcement regarding the administration’s stance on vaping would come out this week.
However, as CNBC notes, the FDA does not have the authority to raise the smoking age.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).