- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Tuesday 2:30 PM
It all began Monday, when CNN senior Washington correspondent Jeff Zeleny discredited Trump’s tweet from the previous day that claimed he won the popular vote “if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally.”
In a segment on Anderson Cooper 360, Zeleny pointed out how Trump has yet to back up his claim with evidence, calling Trump’s assertion “blatant and baseless.” Zeleny also said the president-elect was being a “sore winner.”
Trump responded on Twitter last night with a combo of his original tweets and quoted tweets of other users, occasionally adding his own comments and erasing the original negative retweets before replying.
Trump also managed to retweet a self-identifying 16-year-old supporter who goes by @Filibuster.
Zeleny took the criticism in stride and tweeted at Trump that, as a journalist, he’s open to any information the president-elect has.
Around 10pm, Trump seemed to wrap up his rant.
But alas, he re-opened the discussion in the wee hours of the morning.
And that concludes Trump’s latest attempt at holding the press accountable. There’s no telling what the rest of today holds.
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.