- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
It all began Monday, when CNN senior Washington correspondent Jeff Zeleny discredited Trump’s tweet from the previous day that claimed he won the popular vote “if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally.”
In a segment on Anderson Cooper 360, Zeleny pointed out how Trump has yet to back up his claim with evidence, calling Trump’s assertion “blatant and baseless.” Zeleny also said the president-elect was being a “sore winner.”
Trump responded on Twitter last night with a combo of his original tweets and quoted tweets of other users, occasionally adding his own comments and erasing the original negative retweets before replying.
Trump also managed to retweet a self-identifying 16-year-old supporter who goes by @Filibuster.
Zeleny took the criticism in stride and tweeted at Trump that, as a journalist, he’s open to any information the president-elect has.
Around 10pm, Trump seemed to wrap up his rant.
But alas, he re-opened the discussion in the wee hours of the morning.
And that concludes Trump’s latest attempt at holding the press accountable. There’s no telling what the rest of today holds.
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.