- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Wednesday 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Wednesday 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Wednesday 10:43 AM
Donald Trump thanks the wrong Scott Walker on Twitter after RNC speech
Poor Scott Walker, the one who didn’t give a speech Wednesday.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker got a primetime speaking slot at the Republican National Convention on Wednesday, standing in front of a backdrop showing a farmhouse, endorsing Donald Trump, and blasting presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.
Walked yelled into the microphone and led the RNC crowd in chants, and afterward, he got personal Twitter congratulations from Trump.
Well, some dude named Scott Walker did. But not the Scott Walker that was in Cleveland on Wednesday. Instead, the Scott Walker that Trump praised after the other Scott Walker was finished speaking is a Murrow- and Emmy-award winning news anchor for WDSU in New Orleans.
This Scott Walker was near the computer before and during Trump’s misguided endorsement hit the internet.
And then … jackpot.
Luckily, Scott Walker—the news anchor, not the governor—was ready with a response.
A few minutes later, Trump realized his mistake and got in touch with the man who actually endorsed him Wednesday.
Luckily for the news anchor, his pain likely will be over soon, since it’s unlikely the governor will make many more national TV appearances this election cycle. But then again, the nightmare might just be beginning for that other Scott Walker.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.