- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Donald Trump thanks the wrong Scott Walker on Twitter after RNC speech
Poor Scott Walker, the one who didn’t give a speech Wednesday.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker got a primetime speaking slot at the Republican National Convention on Wednesday, standing in front of a backdrop showing a farmhouse, endorsing Donald Trump, and blasting presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.
Walked yelled into the microphone and led the RNC crowd in chants, and afterward, he got personal Twitter congratulations from Trump.
Well, some dude named Scott Walker did. But not the Scott Walker that was in Cleveland on Wednesday. Instead, the Scott Walker that Trump praised after the other Scott Walker was finished speaking is a Murrow- and Emmy-award winning news anchor for WDSU in New Orleans.
This Scott Walker was near the computer before and during Trump’s misguided endorsement hit the internet.
And then … jackpot.
Luckily, Scott Walker—the news anchor, not the governor—was ready with a response.
A few minutes later, Trump realized his mistake and got in touch with the man who actually endorsed him Wednesday.
Luckily for the news anchor, his pain likely will be over soon, since it’s unlikely the governor will make many more national TV appearances this election cycle. But then again, the nightmare might just be beginning for that other Scott Walker.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.