- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez parody accounts are all the rage on the right 1 Year Ago
- The new ‘Dune’ movie sounds positively epic Today 6:00 AM
- How does Apple Pay work? Today 5:30 AM
- Multimillion-dollar ‘Farming Simulator’ franchise enters world of esports Wednesday 7:38 PM
- Sandra Bullock, Chris McKay are making Netflix comic film ‘Reborn’ Wednesday 7:22 PM
- Instagram revokes Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro’s verified status Wednesday 5:23 PM
- Transgender people suffer when debates over their rights are framed as ‘distractions’ Wednesday 4:57 PM
- Hulu with Live TV just hiked its prices Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Hacker infiltrates Nest cameras to gain PewDiePie subscribers Wednesday 2:37 PM
- YouTube time traveler claims MLK’s granddaughter will be the last U.S. president Wednesday 2:30 PM
- Media coverage of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch cameo erases Chelsea Manning Wednesday 1:39 PM
- New Alexa skill lets you sing with Queen’s Freddie Mercury Wednesday 1:13 PM
- Netflix is the first streaming platform to join MPAA Wednesday 12:59 PM
- Can you spot an email from a hacker? Wednesday 12:46 PM
- Gina Rodriguez cries over being called anti-Black, gets dragged for ‘fake tears’ Wednesday 12:21 PM
A former ‘Apprentice’ contestant is suing the president for defamation.
Lawyers for one of the several women who accused President Donald Trump of sexual assault last year have filed a subpoena demanding the White House turn over all documents from the presidential campaign regarding “any woman alleging that Donald J. Trump touched her inappropriately,” as detailed in a report from BuzzFeed.
The subpoena has been filed, among others, by Gloria Allred, the high-profile celebrity lawyer who’s representing Summer Zervos. A former contestant on the fifth season of Trump’s reality TV show The Apprentice, Zervos claims the real estate mogul and eventual president groped and kissed her without consent at the Beverly Hills Hotel in 2007.
BuzzFeed: Woman who said Trump groped her has subpoenaed his campaign for documents about other women's allegations.https://t.co/tDF8wq4jiw
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) October 15, 2017
The filing specifically demands that the White House preserve all campaign documents relating to the myriad allegations of sexually predatory behavior against Trump. Notably, it also demands the campaign preserve any documents relating to John Barry, Zervos’ Trump-supporting cousin, who gave a statement last year which sought to discredit her allegations. You can view the full subpoena here.
Trump has forcefully denied all of the sexual assault and misconduct allegations against him, calling his accusers “horrible liars” and threatening to sue them. His legal threats, thus far, have not amounted to anything, although Zervos is attempting to take him to court for defamation. The White House has maintained that the president cannot be sued while in office, and Trump’s lawyers have sought, so far unsuccessfully, to have the suit dismissed.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.