- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback 2 Years Ago
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
Sunday got strange in a hurry.
It’s been a while since we’ve seen a good old-fashioned Twitter rant from Donald Trump. But on Sunday morning, his Twitter feed got a little strange, and Twitter most definitely noticed.
Trump started the morning with a typical endorsement of a Midwest politician.
Attorney General Bill Schuette will be a fantastic Governor for the great State of Michigan. I am bringing back your jobs and Bill will help— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 17, 2017
But then, Trump got abstract.
I spoke with President Moon of South Korea last night. Asked him how Rocket Man is doing. Long gas lines forming in North Korea. Too bad!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 17, 2017
We assume “Rocket Man” is North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. And then Trump went on a RT spell, including a tweet from @Team_Trump45 that showed a GIF of Hillary Clinton getting hit with a golf ball struck by Trump.
(Interestingly enough, Trump has not tweeted about Saturday’s report that his administration will return to the Paris Climate Accords.)
Keep in mind, Trump retweeted all of the following.
Here was some of Twitter’s response.
Seriously, has this account been hacked? Otherwise, outright alarming about the president's mental state https://t.co/ypD9OIFniS— David Frum (@davidfrum) September 17, 2017
Trump just retweeted this—it's a GIF of him hitting a golf ball that knocks over Hillary Clinton. https://t.co/3YXx2SL5dB— Andrew Desiderio (@desiderioDC) September 17, 2017
Tweets really seem more under control... in no way. Potus just RTed this https://t.co/Z86V6uIHOi— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) September 17, 2017
If Trump’s Twitter feed is any indication, we’re getting very close to collapse.— Ryan Houlihan (@RyanHoulihan) September 17, 2017
For Trump to retweet this 48 hours before he makes his first UN speech to world leaders sets a tone. He's still out of Twitter control. https://t.co/Mc4hHAg4S9— Robert Moore (@robertmooreitv) September 17, 2017
Users also were critical of Trump’s form—his golf swinging form.
It's extra crazy this morning. Horrible golf swing— #ForThePeople (@dynhamohum) September 17, 2017
All of this occurred before 8:30am ET. Who knows what the rest of the day holds in store?
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.