- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Today 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Today 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Today 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Today 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Today 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Today 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
- How to watch ‘American Idol’ season 18 Saturday 2:00 PM
- James Blake defends girlfriend Jameela Jamil amid allegations she’s faking her illnesses Saturday 1:46 PM
- Viral video purports to show doctors with guns amid coronavirus outbreak Saturday 1:07 PM
- Russian YouTubers pretend to be Greta Thunberg, share alleged prank call with Bernie Sanders Saturday 11:07 AM
- TikTok teens are shaving off their eyebrows to ‘look like’ Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid Saturday 10:25 AM
It’s been a while since we’ve seen a good old-fashioned Twitter rant from Donald Trump. But on Sunday morning, his Twitter feed got a little strange, and Twitter most definitely noticed.
Trump started the morning with a typical endorsement of a Midwest politician.
Attorney General Bill Schuette will be a fantastic Governor for the great State of Michigan. I am bringing back your jobs and Bill will help— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 17, 2017
But then, Trump got abstract.
I spoke with President Moon of South Korea last night. Asked him how Rocket Man is doing. Long gas lines forming in North Korea. Too bad!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 17, 2017
We assume “Rocket Man” is North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. And then Trump went on a RT spell, including a tweet from @Team_Trump45 that showed a GIF of Hillary Clinton getting hit with a golf ball struck by Trump.
(Interestingly enough, Trump has not tweeted about Saturday’s report that his administration will return to the Paris Climate Accords.)
Keep in mind, Trump retweeted all of the following.
Here was some of Twitter’s response.
Seriously, has this account been hacked? Otherwise, outright alarming about the president's mental state https://t.co/ypD9OIFniS— David Frum (@davidfrum) September 17, 2017
Trump just retweeted this—it's a GIF of him hitting a golf ball that knocks over Hillary Clinton. https://t.co/3YXx2SL5dB— Andrew Desiderio (@desiderioDC) September 17, 2017
Tweets really seem more under control... in no way. Potus just RTed this https://t.co/Z86V6uIHOi— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) September 17, 2017
If Trump’s Twitter feed is any indication, we’re getting very close to collapse.— Ryan Houlihan (@RyanHoulihan) September 17, 2017
For Trump to retweet this 48 hours before he makes his first UN speech to world leaders sets a tone. He's still out of Twitter control. https://t.co/Mc4hHAg4S9— Robert Moore (@robertmooreitv) September 17, 2017
Users also were critical of Trump’s form—his golf swinging form.
It's extra crazy this morning. Horrible golf swing— #ForThePeople (@dynhamohum) September 17, 2017
All of this occurred before 8:30am ET. Who knows what the rest of the day holds in store?
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.