- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
It’s been a while since we’ve seen a good old-fashioned Twitter rant from Donald Trump. But on Sunday morning, his Twitter feed got a little strange, and Twitter most definitely noticed.
Trump started the morning with a typical endorsement of a Midwest politician.
Attorney General Bill Schuette will be a fantastic Governor for the great State of Michigan. I am bringing back your jobs and Bill will help— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 17, 2017
But then, Trump got abstract.
I spoke with President Moon of South Korea last night. Asked him how Rocket Man is doing. Long gas lines forming in North Korea. Too bad!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 17, 2017
We assume “Rocket Man” is North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. And then Trump went on a RT spell, including a tweet from @Team_Trump45 that showed a GIF of Hillary Clinton getting hit with a golf ball struck by Trump.
(Interestingly enough, Trump has not tweeted about Saturday’s report that his administration will return to the Paris Climate Accords.)
Keep in mind, Trump retweeted all of the following.
Here was some of Twitter’s response.
Seriously, has this account been hacked? Otherwise, outright alarming about the president's mental state https://t.co/ypD9OIFniS— David Frum (@davidfrum) September 17, 2017
Trump just retweeted this—it's a GIF of him hitting a golf ball that knocks over Hillary Clinton. https://t.co/3YXx2SL5dB— Andrew Desiderio (@desiderioDC) September 17, 2017
Tweets really seem more under control... in no way. Potus just RTed this https://t.co/Z86V6uIHOi— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) September 17, 2017
If Trump’s Twitter feed is any indication, we’re getting very close to collapse.— Ryan Houlihan (@RyanHoulihan) September 17, 2017
For Trump to retweet this 48 hours before he makes his first UN speech to world leaders sets a tone. He's still out of Twitter control. https://t.co/Mc4hHAg4S9— Robert Moore (@robertmooreitv) September 17, 2017
Users also were critical of Trump’s form—his golf swinging form.
It's extra crazy this morning. Horrible golf swing— #ForThePeople (@dynhamohum) September 17, 2017
All of this occurred before 8:30am ET. Who knows what the rest of the day holds in store?
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.