- Trump quotes conspiracy theorist saying he’s the ‘second coming of God’ Today 9:04 AM
- Parkland teens announce massive gun reform proposal Today 9:04 AM
- Here’s how you can get a free palm reading online Today 8:48 AM
- ‘The Matrix 4’ is happening with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss Today 7:17 AM
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team NFC preview Today 7:00 AM
- The 10 best science podcasts to teach you about our world Today 6:00 AM
- How to make sure you have access to every Instagram filter Today 6:00 AM
- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
President Donald Trump weighed in on the early stages of the 2020 Democratic primary on Friday morning, predicting that the wide field of candidates would come down to former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).
He also updated his nickname for Biden, calling him “SleepyCreepy Joe,” instead of “Sleepy Joe” as he’s done in the past, presumably referencing a number of women who came forward and said he inappropriately touched them.
Last month, Trump reportedly thought “something else that rhymes” with sleepy to be “too nasty,” according to the Washington Examiner. It appears he’s gotten over that.
“Looks to me like it’s going to be SleepyCreepy Joe over Crazy Bernie. Everyone else is fading fast!” the president wrote on Twitter.
Looks to me like it’s going to be SleepyCreepy Joe over Crazy Bernie. Everyone else is fading fast!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 10, 2019
Since Biden entered the race, most polls have shown that he is in the lead for support among Democratic primary voters, with Sanders coming in second.
It is still early in the primary process, with the first debates scheduled to take place late next month.
The president’s tweet caught the eye of many people online, who again noted that Trump has his own history of sexual misconduct allegations.
"sleepyCreepy".. "Crazy".. Bout sums you up Donald. https://t.co/yF53gObzhg— Kira (@Light_Yagami128) May 10, 2019
You ever sort of stop and look at one of these tweets and just think about how weird every fucking moment has become? https://t.co/tpb5YWleVY— Tom Tomorrow (@tomtomorrow) May 10, 2019
“SleepyCreepy” — reminder that as with Blumenthal + Vietnam, Trump will take his own shortcomings (in this case, years of accusations of sexual misconduct) and project them onto others without a hint of irony https://t.co/8cMYypIT6h— J.D. Durkin (@jiveDurkey) May 10, 2019
Expect more of this as the 2020 election draws closer.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).