- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
President Donald Trump weighed in on the early stages of the 2020 Democratic primary on Friday morning, predicting that the wide field of candidates would come down to former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).
He also updated his nickname for Biden, calling him “SleepyCreepy Joe,” instead of “Sleepy Joe” as he’s done in the past, presumably referencing a number of women who came forward and said he inappropriately touched them.
Last month, Trump reportedly thought “something else that rhymes” with sleepy to be “too nasty,” according to the Washington Examiner. It appears he’s gotten over that.
“Looks to me like it’s going to be SleepyCreepy Joe over Crazy Bernie. Everyone else is fading fast!” the president wrote on Twitter.
Looks to me like it’s going to be SleepyCreepy Joe over Crazy Bernie. Everyone else is fading fast!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 10, 2019
Since Biden entered the race, most polls have shown that he is in the lead for support among Democratic primary voters, with Sanders coming in second.
It is still early in the primary process, with the first debates scheduled to take place late next month.
The president’s tweet caught the eye of many people online, who again noted that Trump has his own history of sexual misconduct allegations.
"sleepyCreepy".. "Crazy".. Bout sums you up Donald. https://t.co/yF53gObzhg— Kira (@Light_Yagami128) May 10, 2019
You ever sort of stop and look at one of these tweets and just think about how weird every fucking moment has become? https://t.co/tpb5YWleVY— Tom Tomorrow (@tomtomorrow) May 10, 2019
“SleepyCreepy” — reminder that as with Blumenthal + Vietnam, Trump will take his own shortcomings (in this case, years of accusations of sexual misconduct) and project them onto others without a hint of irony https://t.co/8cMYypIT6h— J.D. Durkin (@jiveDurkey) May 10, 2019
Expect more of this as the 2020 election draws closer.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).