- People have much love for the all-women moderator panel at the presidential debate Wednesday 10:03 PM
- Kamala Harris: Trump ‘got punked’ by North Korea Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Biden on domestic violence: We need to keep ‘punching’ Wednesday 9:47 PM
- Amy Klobuchar says she raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends Wednesday 9:16 PM
- Trump’s campaign is a fan of Tulsi Gabbard’s attack on the Democratic party Wednesday 9:07 PM
- 50 Cent makes Instagram return with transphobic meme Wednesday 8:34 PM
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Wednesday 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Wednesday 3:56 PM
Rosie O’Donnell had a classy response to Donald Trump’s sexist attack
Don’t think that Rosie O’Donnell didn’t know what Donald Trump was up to on Thursday.
Donald Trump tore into his fellow Republican presidential candidates at Thursday night’s debate. Amid the many barbs aimed at those candidates and even the moderators, Trump also found time to insult comedian Rosie O’Donnell. But O’Donnell didn’t resort to name-calling in response. Instead, she said we should think of the children.
Trump’s jab at O’Donnell came after Fox News host Megyn Kelly, one of the debate’s moderators, asked the New York businessman about his history of verbally degrading women.
O’Donnell was not amused by Trump’s comments, as she made clear Thursday night.
try explaining that 2 ur kids
— Rosie (@Rosie) August 7, 2015
In the past, Trump has called O’Donnell a “loser” and “crude, rude, obnoxious and dumb.”
O’Donnell told the Daily Mail, “Probably the Trump stuff was the most bullying I ever experienced in my life, including as a child.”
Here is the complete transcript of Kelly’s question and Trump’s response.
KELLY: You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees. Does that sound to you like the temperament of a man we should elect as president, and how will you answer the charge from Hillary Clinton, who was likely to be the Democratic nominee, that you are part of the war on women?
TRUMP: I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct.
I’ve been challenged by so many people, and I don’t frankly have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn’t have time either. This country is in big trouble. We don’t win anymore. We lose to China. We lose to Mexico both in trade and at the border. We lose to everybody.
And frankly, what I say, and oftentimes it’s fun, it’s kidding. We have a good time. What I say is what I say. And honestly Megyn, if you don’t like it, I’m sorry. I’ve been very nice to you, although I could probably maybe not be, based on the way you have treated me. But I wouldn’t do that.
But you know what, we — we need strength, we need energy, we need quickness and we need brain in this country to turn it around. That, I can tell you right now.
Trump took Kelly’s question about his attacks on women and turned it into an attack on Kelly herself.
Photo via Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC BY 2.0) | Remix by Max Fleishman
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.