- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard 3 Years Ago
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition Today 11:09 AM
- Why everyone is debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? Today 10:47 AM
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
- Deval Patrick 2020 fever is not catching on Today 9:08 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday Night Football Today 8:13 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Netherlands in the U-17 World Cup semis Today 6:46 AM
- ‘Waves’ wrestles with the family drama and breaks it in half Today 6:30 AM
- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from the impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
After flirting with Mitt Romney last month and after watching Rudy Guiliani take himself out of consideration on Friday, President-elect Donald Trump reportedly will make ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson his new secretary of state.
According to NBC, the new nominee could be announced next week, and former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton would be the deputy secretary of state.
“It’s an unusual pairing of a corporate CEO who has no experience in government or in diplomacy and has spent his entire career in the energy sector,” said NBC’s Andrea Mitchell. “But he is someone who has wide global experience. Some of it would be controversial because of his close relationship in Russia with Vladimir Putin. They’ve had a longstanding business relationship.”
Yes, the internet happened to notice that. Particularly since there were multiple reports Friday night about how Russia affected the 2016 presidential election and actually helped Trump win.
Tillerson is the Secretary of State that the left deserves after what they said about Romney and Russia 4 years ago….
— Marcus Hawkins (@HawkinsUSA) December 10, 2016
Tillerson as Sec of State + Flynn as Nat Sec Adviser means 2 people w direct links to Putin run US foreign policy. Unthinkable months ago
— amol rajan (@amolrajan) December 10, 2016
And this tweet came Friday from a John McCain confidante.
It sounds like the vetting process for Tillerson will be a tough one.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.