- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
After flirting with Mitt Romney last month and after watching Rudy Guiliani take himself out of consideration on Friday, President-elect Donald Trump reportedly will make ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson his new secretary of state.
According to NBC, the new nominee could be announced next week, and former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton would be the deputy secretary of state.
“It’s an unusual pairing of a corporate CEO who has no experience in government or in diplomacy and has spent his entire career in the energy sector,” said NBC’s Andrea Mitchell. “But he is someone who has wide global experience. Some of it would be controversial because of his close relationship in Russia with Vladimir Putin. They’ve had a longstanding business relationship.”
Yes, the internet happened to notice that. Particularly since there were multiple reports Friday night about how Russia affected the 2016 presidential election and actually helped Trump win.
Tillerson is the Secretary of State that the left deserves after what they said about Romney and Russia 4 years ago….
— Marcus Hawkins (@HawkinsUSA) December 10, 2016
Tillerson as Sec of State + Flynn as Nat Sec Adviser means 2 people w direct links to Putin run US foreign policy. Unthinkable months ago
— amol rajan (@amolrajan) December 10, 2016
And this tweet came Friday from a John McCain confidante.
It sounds like the vetting process for Tillerson will be a tough one.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.