- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far 2 Years Ago
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review 2 Years Ago
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Today 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Today 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Today 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
Voters across the United States are heading to the polls today—but you might not know that if Donald Trump Jr. is your source of information.
President Donald Trump’s oldest son is coming out hard in favor of Republican Ed Gillespie, who’s running against Democrat Ralph Northam for Virginia’s governor. The race is neck-and-neck, with Northam holding a slim lead in the polls.
With the Virginia gubernatorial race within the margin of error in most polls, Trump Jr. is doing his part to encourage the Virginia residents among his 2.2 million Twitter followers to vote for Gillespie. There’s just one problem: He told people to vote on the wrong day. Twice.
To be fair, between posting these tweets, Trump Jr. also tweeted that the vote was today, Nov. 7.
He also retweeted his father’s tweet calling on voters to cast their ballots for Gillespie.
.@EdWGillespie will totally turn around the high crime and poor economic performance of VA. MS-13 and crime will be gone. Vote today, ASAP!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 7, 2017
Although it’s unlikely that Trump Jr.’s errant tweets will swing the Virginia election either way, it’s hard not to feel for the one poor sap who heads to the polls a day late because he listened to the president’s son.
Andrew Couts is the former editor of Layer 8, a section dedicated to the intersection of the Internet and the state—and the gaps in between. Prior to the Daily Dot, Couts served as features editor and features writer for Digital Trends, associate editor of TheWeek.com, and associate editor at Maxim magazine. When he’s not working, Couts can be found hiking with his German shepherds or blasting around on motorcycles.