- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for bilingual families Today 5:00 AM
- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
‘The Liar, the Snitch, and the War Crimes’: Twitter roasts news of Trump Jr. book deal
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
People had a lot of ideas about what the book should be called.
Donald Trump Jr. received a book deal with Center Street Books, according to a new report, and people online quickly began offering their own suggestions for what it should be titled.
A source told Politico that Trump Jr.’s book would focus on “politics, current events and the future of the MAGA movement,” and is expected to be published later this year.
With the news that a book by the president’s son will hit bookshelves in just a few months, Twitter quickly brainstormed ideas for what it could be titled.
“When #DonJrBookTitles is trending on Twitter… @EricTrump @LaraLeaTrump @TiffanyATrump @kimguilfoyle and I are having some fun with this one! 😝,” she wrote.
Here are some of the ideas for the book title that people came up with on Wednesday:
Pride and Extreme Prejudice
The Tax Man Cometh
Triumph of the Shill
A Fail in Two Cities
Little Lord Flauntleroy
The Great Twatsby
Twelve Years a Slave to Russian Banks
Malice in Blunderland
Collusion Runs Through It#DonJrBookTitles
— Pseudolus (@Undershafted) May 22, 2019
The Fault In Our Genes #DonJrBookTitles
— Dave (@daveabrowne) May 22, 2019
— Ed Hall (@Buxley_Hall) May 22, 2019
Lord of the Ripoffs#DonJrBookTitles
— Mary Threeofseven (@MThreeofseven) May 22, 2019
– The Liar, the Snitch, and the War Crimes
– Moby Dickhead
– Animal Harm
– White Pride & Prejudice
– Of ICE and Men
– Don of Bowling Green Gables
– A Tinkle in Crime
– To Kill a Democracy
– Grifty Shades of Grey
– The Catcher in the Lie
– The Boy Schmuck Club
— The Volatile Mermaid (@OhNoSheTwitnt) May 22, 2019
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Awful #DonJrBookTitles
— Zachary Wagman (@zackwagman) May 22, 2019
— Santa Claus, CEO (@SantaInc) May 22, 2019
You can read Politico’s story on Trump Jr.’s book deal here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).