- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
Did you know it was Donald Trump Jr.’s birthday? Well, per the puff piece he shared, he’d like you to celebrate him by checking out a slideshow of his most “Bada$$” Instagram pictures.
That’s right, in what is a late entry for the saddest and bleakest tweet of the year, the president’s son tweeted a link to a Daily Caller post that was flattering of him and his “pretty fire Instagram.”
The not-so-extraordinarily “Bada$$” slideshow includes several images of the president’s son on trophy hunting expeditions, fishing, and with family.
Trump Jr., who turned 41 years old on Monday, made no other mention of his birthday on the platform other than this tweet. But he found little congratulations or celebration online.
Instead, some users said it came across as a tragic and desperate.
Quite possibly the saddest thing I’ve ever seen on Twitter— Mike P Williams (@Mike_P_Williams) December 31, 2018
Others offered no credit, blasting him as a straight-up attention-seeking egotist.
Narcissists gotta narcissist.— Princi Cat (@FranceWorldProb) December 31, 2018
Like many of his tweets, this one was followed up by an avalanche of memes and tweets telling him how he would be behind bars soon.
Enjoy! It could be your last not behind bars!— Patois Reilly (@ContraFari) December 31, 2018
Trump Jr., of course, emerged as a person of interest to federal investigators exploring allegations of collusion over a 2016 meeting he had with Russian nationals promising compromising material on his father’s then-rival Hillary Clinton.
His potential indictment has long been speculated about, although nothing has currently materialized.
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology. He previously covered civil liberties, crime, and politics for Vice.