- Gavin McInnes is out at Blaze Media Sunday 7:07 PM
- Anthony Scaramucci praised QAnon during American Priorities conference Sunday 5:44 PM
- Report: FBI investigating fake net neutrality comments Sunday 4:36 PM
- The first professional U.S. transgender boxer just won his first fight Sunday 2:18 PM
- Twitch streamer apparently hits partner on video Sunday 1:45 PM
- There’s now rehab for Fortnite addiction Sunday 12:07 PM
- How to watch América vs. Pumas online for free Sunday 11:25 AM
- ‘Target Tammy’ is the latest white woman to complain about Black people minding their own business Sunday 11:08 AM
- Jason Momoa reprises ‘Game of Thrones’ character on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch the epic Copa Libertadores final online for free Sunday 9:35 AM
- The top fandoms of 2018 Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Huesca online for free Sunday 6:40 AM
- What is Sling TV? Sunday 6:15 AM
- A year of apologizing to the internet Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to stream NFL’s Week 14 games for free Sunday 6:00 AM
The 9 best Donald Trump Chrome extensions to class up your browsing experience
Make the Internet great again.
America is all about choice: Coke or Pepsi, Cubs or White Sox, Arby’s or nihilism. But the most important choice Americans make is their vote for the next president of the United States. And the road to Election Day 2016 is paved with far more choices than simply pulling a lever.
For example, you have many choices when it comes to customizing your your experience of reading news about Donald Trump. Simple, free Chrome extensions let you replace every mention of the Republican primary frontrunner with something stranger, funnier, or otherwise more palatable.
Here are some of the best options.
Replaces “Donald Trump” with “Someone With Tiny Hands” because Trump is apparently incredibly sensitive about his tiny fingers.
2) Trump Filter
As the extension’s description says, “This Chrome extension will identify parts of a web page likely to contain Donald Trump and erase them from the Internet.”
This one works like the Trump Filter extension listed above but is designed specifically for Facebook.
4) The Trumpweb
This extension inserts a real honest-to-goodness Donald Trump quote between every mention of his first and last name.
Some argue that Trump is a demon warlock who feeds on the power of public attention to grow stronger and stronger. This extension takes that idea one step further by replacing every mention of the word Trump with the safe nickname of Lord Voldemort, “He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.”
Every family has one of these, and now the Republican Party does, too. This extension replaces every mention of Trump with “your drunk uncle at Thanksgiving.”
In a blistering takedown of the Trump, Last Week Tonight host John Oliver urged people to refer to him by his family’s original last name, Drumpf, which has much less of a ring to it. He also created a Chrome extension so your Web browser can do that work all on its own.
Facebook recently rolled out reactions that let you do more than just “like” a piece of #content, but the new reactions aren’t nearly as expressive as Trump’s face. This extension fixes that problem.
Trump: a sentient beef n cheddar who cares for nothing save his own immediate pleasure as he courts the end of all things
— Nihilist Arby’s (@nihilist_arbys) March 1, 2016
Photo via Gage Skidmore/Wikimedia Commons (CC BY SA 2.0)
Aaron Sankin is a former Senior Staff Writer at the Daily Dot who covered the intersection of politics, technology, online privacy, Twitter bots, and the role of dank memes in popular culture. He lives in Seattle, Washington. He joined the Center for Investigative Reporting in 2016.