- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Today 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Today 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Today 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Today 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Today 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Today 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Today 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Today 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Today 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Today 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Today 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Today 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Today 8:34 AM
- How to stream Bellator 218 for free Today 8:00 AM
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Us’ is already a meme gold mine Today 7:18 AM
Donald Trump rips CNN and Obama on Twitter, says he might play golf this weekend
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
He calls golf a good form of exercise.
Donald Trump ran the gamut on Twitter early Saturday morning, commenting on the 12 Russians who were indicted by Robert Mueller on Friday and who should be blamed, ripping CNN for failing to cover him saying the network is “fake news,” and mentioning that he might play a little golf this weekend.
Trump on Saturday morning apparently had plenty on his mind as he bounced from topic to topic.
Wrote Trump: “…Where is the DNC Server, and why didn’t the FBI take possession of it? Deep State?”
He blamed Barack Obama for the Russia hacking. “The stories you heard about the 12 Russians yesterday took place during the Obama Administration, not the Trump Administration,” Trump wrote. “Why didn’t they do something about it, especially when it was reported that President Obama was informed by the FBI in September, before the Election?”
The Obama administration tried to do something about it. But Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell stopped Obama from making it public and refused to sign a “bipartisan statement of condemnation,” according to Joe Biden.
Once again, every time Trump says this, he's inviting a renewed round of scrutiny to the refusal of *Republican* leaders to show a united front against Russian sabotage, as intel officials had asked them to do.
— Greg Sargent (@ThePlumLineGS) July 14, 2018
The Obama Administration did do something (though perhaps they could have done more). They launched a counter-intelligence investigation, headed by James Comey. You denounced the investigation and fired him. https://t.co/hLXEMCi5vd
— Bill Kristol (@BillKristol) July 14, 2018
Trump also caused an uproar in the media on Friday, calling CNN’s Jim Acosta “fake news” and refusing to take a question from him during a press conference. Instead, he immediately called on Fox News, which Trump said was a “real network.”
Wrote Trump on Twitter: “So funny! I just checked out Fake News CNN, for the first time in a long time (they are dying in the ratings), to see if they covered my takedown yesterday of Jim Acosta (actually a nice guy). They didn’t! But they did say I already lost in my meeting with Putin. Fake News…… …. Remember, it was Little Jeff Z [Jeff Zucker] and his people, who are told exactly what to say, who said I could not win the election in that “there was no way to 270” (over & over again) in the Electoral College. I got 306! They were sooooo wrong in their election coverage. Still hurting!”
Takedown? I don’t think so. Perhaps we should even the playing field next time and you can take my question. (You’re right about one thing.. I am a nice guy) https://t.co/CpSV9sqiqK
— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) July 14, 2018
Trump is so proud of how he snubbed CNN, that he watched CNN to see how CNN would cover his snubbing CNN, and now he's complaining that CNN isn't giving enough attention to his CNN snub. So … he may have to watch CNN to see how they cover this snub! Take that, CNN. https://t.co/wN0fa3YvR7
— Mark Sumner (@Devilstower) July 14, 2018
He also justified his constant need to play golf as simply a good form of exercise. And it sounds like he’s going to limber up and get his heart pumping on his weekend trip to his golf club in Scotland.
I have arrived in Scotland and will be at Trump Turnberry for two days of meetings, calls and hopefully, some golf – my primary form of exercise! The weather is beautiful, and this place is incredible! Tomorrow I go to Helsinki for a Monday meeting with Vladimir Putin.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 14, 2018
Unfortunately for the rest of the world, we still don’t know how Trump feels about the giant diapered Trump baby balloon that flew over London on Friday. He never tweeted anything about that.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.